Corsair Community

Planning a new Custom Loop

Nimmsis

Hi All.

i have decided to build my first custom loop and naturally i have some questions.

Case: d500 RGB.

CPU: i9-7900X

GPU: RTX 2080 TI (will be vertical mounted)

the questions im having is regarding to the radiators. both thickness and number of 120mm slots.

The Design app that corsair have is suggesting one 360mm and one 240mm, but I'm wondering if i should add another 120mm to the back fan as well.

Does the 57mm radiators fit inside the case. or am i "stuck" with the 33mm radiators?

/Nimmsis

• Corsair Employee

Hi!

I would advise against using the XR7 type (54mm thick) radiators.

If used on front, the pump will reach over the motherboard.

On top, it will also reach over the motherboard and may reduce DRAM module and/or motherboard compatibility.

As per 500D reference build guide, maximum radiator configuration consist out of XR5 360 on front, XR5 240 on top and XR5 120 on rear.

For your configuration with 7900X and 2080 Ti, the Hydro X Configurator won't suggest to add the rear radiator position because there will be no significant benefit to add XR5 120 to cooling ability from the XR5 360 on front and XR5 240 on top but if you would like to, you can max out the radiator configuration. It will work with vertically mounted GPU.