Corsair Community

Void RGB USB Infomic not showing mute status or giving audio feedback

lordrocky

My Void RGB USB headset is no longer lighting up showing mute status like it used to. Also when using the mute button on the headset it no longer gives the little tone like it used to to indicate that it's toggled between mute and unmute.

Is there a way to reenable this feature?

I've tried unplugging/replugging, rebooting, flashing the firmware... nothing.

It may be a question for the iCUE forum, but the settings to change the light don't seem to appear anymore in the current version of iCUE like they did in previous versions.

Edited by lordrocky

Umm, ok first make sure the settings for it (SS below) are enabled, BUT if the indicator for the mic being muted or not is what you are referring to when it comes to the lighting, you likely want to contact support. Chances are there is a bad wire, seen that a lot on the mic booms you can swivel. Prefer that style but still something you should keep in mind.

And to the best of my knowledge you could never adjust the lighting on the mic boom. Ear cups yes, mic no.

You could also try uninstalling ICue, unplug the headset, blow away any remaining files/folders from the ICue installation and then reinstall it. It has been known to break itself.

VPICUESettings.thumb.jpg.d5f7401c5796cf1865ec437d6370074d.jpg

Ok, well the problem seems to have spontaneously resolved itself, though it could be the order in which I did things that made the difference. The audio cues are now playing like they should.

Reinstalling iCUE wasn't necessary, but I did flash the firmware, then adjusted the mic volume settings in iCUE (not sure if that affected anything) and then, rebooted (leaving the computer off for a good 7-8 hours).

As for the light, I think I was confused what was meant by 'Mic Mute Interval.' That was the setting I was looking for that controls the light blink. Just worded really strangely. So I had it set to off, rather than something like 5-10 seconds like it used to be. Now it works fine.

Not sure if this was just a glitch or not anymore, but hopefully this will help out others with the same confusion?

I will be taking closer care of the mic boom if it's really a common point of failure. Thanks for the assist though Waukeen!