Corsair Community

Scimitar RGB "Precision" and Device Memory Issues

J  Man

Please scroll down and read this post.

So I bought a Scimitar and MM200 at Pax Prime and I am having some issues with the mouse, I have made a video for it as it was easier to show the issue then through text,

[ame]

[/ame]

I have tried this mouse on 3 different computers, One with Windows 10, another with 8.1 and another with 7 and they all had the same issues, I hope I provided enough information but if you need any more just ask.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Original thread with the issue.

On August 30th I bought a Scimitar at PAX, I brought it home and the first thing I noticed was that the mouse would skip a pixel when it moves, it is not random jitter, nothing is on the sensor, it was brand new out of the box, I first thought that because they where selling it early that I may have gotten unlucky with a defective product.

I made a ticket on Corsair's customer portal (Ticket #6671407) on Sep 9th, the RMA got approved on the 11th (RMA #6671407), I sent it out on the 16th and I got a new one today on the 23rd. Trying to avoid any issues I uninstalled Razer Synapse, rebooted, installed CUE, rebooted and then plugged the mouse in, same exact issues as before but with a new mouse, and it's no different on any of the computers I have tried it on, Windows and OS X.

Here is a short gif of the issue I am having (More details are in my first thread)

2015-09-23_17-33-16.gif

And heres a gif demonstrating how it affects games (With or without raw input)

2015-09-23_18-39-55.gif

I want to love this mouse and would recommend it if you are looking for an alternative to the Razer Naga but I just can't, almost everything else is perfect but the sensor just makes it unusable.

It may not seem like that big of a deal from the gifs but actually using it is more difficult and pretty much invalidates my muscle memory, I would like an official response from Corsair on this and would also like to know if anybody else is having this same issue.

In the video on the original post I explained a temporary workaround but that should not be necessary for a final product release.

Ill give you a hand

EDIT*looking at your specs youve got the rampage IV like me its a buggy as hell board to install drivers for so ill show you how do it.

First youll need the latest chipset drivers

then what youre gonna do is force install those by renaming them and placing them in the root folder of your OS drive and thne use command prompt in admin mode to install those files. This is the only way to ensure they install asus messed up the isntallers.

Now if all of the above sounds way too complicated and beyond you, dont worry heres a tutorial

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2310201

Man;810345']This is not an issue with my motherboard' date=' I already have a more up to date driver (10.0.27) and this happens on more than one computer (3 Windows, 1 OS X) as I said in both of my posts.[/quote']

A simple way to see if you have drivers fully installed would be to go to device manager (dev man in start search bar then hit enter) and expanding the USB devices and System devices sections and posting screenshots

*edit* i wasnt telling you to use that file on there, i was telling you to dl the latest drivers and use that METHOD to install them

Youre extensible host controller interface which controls usb data isnt fully installed. Could you also show your storage controllers as well?

So reisntall the your chipset drivers using the method described in the link. Then check your mouse out and try you naga again too you really should feel a difference it should feel more responsive.

If the problem persists RMA it. Corsair if you want me to test it out loan me one (I dont need an MMO mouse)

*edit* out of curiosity, did they give you back the same mouse or send you a brand new one?

xhci.png.dcda5615d579fc03ac393db71d7557e7.png

Youre extensible host controller interface which controls usb data isnt fully installed. Could you also show your storage controllers as well?

So reisntall the your chipset drivers using the method described in the link. Then check your mouse out and try you naga again too you really should feel a difference it should feel more responsive.

If the problem persists RMA it. Corsair if you want me to test it out loan me one (I dont need an MMO mouse)

That screenshot is after re installing the drivers, it did absolutely nothing.

I do this kind of stuff for a living and I can guarantee you it is not my computer or any of the others I have used it on, they are all up to date and have the correct drivers.

This is the second Scimitar I have had and they have identical issues so I doubt getting yet another one and paying for shipping would change anything.

Man;810246']...

If I assume there is nothing wrong with the installation then something else must cause the skipping of pixels. How about this:

I've read on this forum that the Scimitar is using a Pixart S3988. Kommando Kodiak got that information from Corsair James. If that is true then the interesting part is that this sensor is not capable of 12000 DPI (the max. DPI of the Scimitar).

Look at the specs of the sensor: Pixart SDNS-3988. It's supposed to have a resolution of 6400.

So, if the SDNS-3988 is being used then to reach 12000 DPI Corsair must have doubled the resolution by using a hack, which may cause the skipping of every second pixel.

That would be doable for a DPI above 6400, but below that there is no need to double it. I assume this can be fixed by a firmware or driver update.

Just an educated guess. I may be wrong, though.

If I assume there is nothing wrong with the installation then something else must cause the skipping of pixels. How about this:

I've read on this forum that the Scimitar is using a Pixart S3988. Kommando Kodiak got that information from Corsair James. If that is true then the interesting part is that this sensor is not capable of 12000 DPI (the max. DPI of the Scimitar).

Look at the specs of the sensor: Pixart SDNS-3988. It's supposed to have a resolution of 6400.

So, if the SDNS-3988 is being used then to reach 12000 DPI Corsair must have doubled the resolution by using a hack, which may cause the skipping of every second pixel.

That would be doable for a DPI above 6400, but below that there is no need to double it. I assume this can be fixed by a firmware or driver update.

Just an educated guess. I may be wrong, though.

The other way they reach higher DPIs is to use a different lens as well

Jman what are the DPI steppings for this mouse? (are they custom or fixed) if theyre fixed do your sensor test with each dpi, if theyre custom do dpi steps divisible by 4 and see if you can find one thats smooth.

Main PC

Main%20PC.png

Laptop

Laptop.png

Guest PC

Same issues on Windows 8.1 and after upgrading to 10

Guest%20PC.png

HP 310-1125f

Same issues on Windows 7 and after upgrading to 10

HP%20310-1125f.png

I also tried it on a 2011 Mac Mini with OS X Yosemite up to date as of this post, no different.

I suggest you give up, skimming the threads on this board should tell you how much Corsair cares.

Just a quick note for everyone: this forum is mainly for feedback and peer-to-peer support. If you want fast/official support you should always submit a ticket in their support area.

And no, I don't work for Corsair before someone asks :p:

Archived