Corsair Community

Corsair Strafe Wrist Rest

dtctvGee

• 4 months later...
  • Corsair Employee
Wrong. The regular STRAFE has the same notches as the STRAFE RGB. Anything else wouldnt make sense anyway as it would spike up the cost having two different KB bodies for production

Sorry but the regular STRAFE does not have the notches on the bottom for a wrist rest like the STRAFE RGB

V

I have to disagree there. I could try out both at my local electronics store and beside that they have a different pattern on the rubber they felt both the same able typing

you could try? Also you know their built differently... The K series is made using very thick plastic with plate on the bottom the Strafe's is made using thinner plastic and doesnt have a plate on tthe bottom.

And if one would be made out of metal and the other made out of papier-mâché. As long as it feels the same while typing, where is the problem?

You only lay your wrists on it, and not have sword fights with it.

The problem is the hinges on mine broke. I need to switch keyboards often so i take the wrist rest off to save space. not to mention they fall off so easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
Well it's a german QWERTZ model. Maybe it has something do with that.

Guess I can count me lucky?

Hmm... it may be due to a different layout then. :D:

Edit: Looks like we have decided to use the plastic chassis on the STRAFE RGB that has notches.

• 5 weeks later...
Hmm... it may be due to a different layout then. I know for fact the NA version does not have notches. :D:

(apologies for bumping a 1 month old thread)

Actually, I picked up a Corsair Strafe earlier today (due to my K70 being soaked with Mountain Dew :mad: ), and unfortunately I wasn't paying enough attention to notice that the non-RGB version does not have a wrist rest, while the RGB version does. I realllly enjoyed having the wrist rest on my K70.

Anyway back on topic, after unboxing and setting up the keyboard, I noticed that it does in fact have notches for a wrist rest exactly like the other user's photo, even though it isn't sold with one (and yes I am in NA). I would realllly like to get one somehow, donno how that would work out though.

• Corsair Employee
Maybe they started using the same base as the RGB version for the non-RGB one to keep down the costs and produce always the same piece. It would make sense, no point in having 2 different bases for the same keyboard layout.

That seems to be the case.

• 5 months later...
By the way, Corsair should sell other wrist rests like ones made out of foam that don't attach. The detachable ones work well, but they are very "gamery" looking. There should be a more neutral option. It might also be cool to have a more advanced wrist rest that has RGB trim/accent lighting.

• 3 months later...

I bought the strafe as well yesterday, its $100 in stores, and is missing a wrist rest and it has the slots on the bottom. This is not acceptable, this is a premium keyboard price and they dont even give those basic parts? It has the notches on bottom, check my image on here.

Then I went to live chat and the person was clueless and tried to sell me http://www.corsair.com/en/corsair-vengeance-fps-wrist-rest And I don't think that works on our keyboard at all.....

I just built my gaming PC and used corsair RAM, keyboard, fans, and the long mousepad... spent hundreds on this company, how can it be they cant even give us a wrist rest that costs a few cents to manufacture?

Is there any solution to this? I know the RGB version fits on my keyboard, I checked the bottom of both and they are the same as others here noticed as well.

http://i.imgur.com/ouciW9J.jpg

• 2 years later...

Archived