Corsair Community

SSD Force 3 dont work at full speed on Sata II MOBO

collicchio

First of all, scuse my poor english... :(:

I bought recently a SSD Force 3 60gb.

It´s working with a MOBO ASUS "M4N78 PRO" (Chipset Nvidia 720i/Geforce 8300) - see my system description.

This MOBO is Sata II capable, but my SSD only works on SATA I (1,5g) speed.

All drives and bios are up to date and correctly configured.

There is a solution for this?

Thanks !

I am having the same problem on an ASUS M3N78-VM with Nvidia 720a chipset. Nvidia has not updated their nForce driver for this chipset since 2010 (April). I am using the Microsoft driver (Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller). My Cosair SSD (FORCE 3 120GB) runs at SATA 1 (1.5 MB/s). I wish either Microsoft or Nvidia would update their drivers for use with SSDs.

I am having the same problem on an ASUS M3N78-VM with Nvidia 720a chipset. Nvidia has not updated their nForce driver for this chipset since 2010 (April). I am using the Microsoft driver (Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller). My Cosair SSD (FORCE 3 120GB) runs at SATA 1 (1.5 MB/s). I wish either Microsoft or Nvidia would update their drivers for use with SSDs.

Jokens, do you find any answer about that?

Not a very good answer....

I gave up on solving the nvidia nforce issues and installed my SSD in another ASUS system with an AMD chipset. The motherboard is an M3A78-PRO. The SSD works perfectly, no BSOD, no sleep issues. It is running at SATA 2 speeds. I may never buy a Nvidia product again.

I found some Beta nVidia WHQL drivers here http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7-winvista-64bit-290.53-beta-driver-uk.html - worth a go?

This is the GeForce graphics driver, not nForce chipset driver.

Nvidia has not updated their nForce driver for this chipset since 2010 (April).

The most recent driver revision is (for 720a) 15.56 and was released in May 2011. Maybe you want to try this?

I tried this on my XFX MCP78 (no SSD installed yet, I'm lurking) but the SATA driver is still dated 09/04/2010 driver version 11.1.0.43. I believe that the chipset on my mobo is the MCP78V/S/U - will need to see what the performance is like when I install the SSD.

I tried this on my XFX MCP78 (no SSD installed yet, I'm lurking) but the SATA driver is still dated 09/04/2010 driver version 11.1.0.43. I believe that the chipset on my mobo is the MCP78V/S/U - will need to see what the performance is like when I install the SSD.

I instaled a ASMedia PCIE 2.0 Sata Controller in my ASUS M4N78 PRO...

OK, the results were disapoint!

The velocity change from 130mbps to 200mbps, but the SSD Force 3 was recognized by Bios, again, as SATA Gen1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Archived