Corsair Community

Will TR3X6G2000C7GTF work with Asus P6T Deluxe?

Sepyx

Hi,

I’m thinking of buying Corsair Dominator GT 6GB (3x2GB) TR3X6G2000C7GTF

I want to know if GT 6GB (3x2GB) TR3X6G2000C7GTF will work with my setup at 2000MHz or close to it or not.

Best regards

Sepyx

Hi RAM Guy,

Thank you. My specs are on my profile.

I already have a 6GB 2000MHz but it doesn’t work well with Asus P6T Deluxe. The max I can get with a stable system is 1810 MHz

I just want to make sure TR3X6G2000C7GTF will work out of the box without tweaking too much. I don’t want to harm my CPU.

Best regards,

Sepyx

QPI voltage runs stock,

dimm voltage at 1.65v,

Uncore at 4165Mhz with voltage uncore (NB freq) at 1.31voltage.

I don't use XMP but set everything manual in bios.

uncore must be 2x dimm freq.

so dimm is 1600Mhz, uncore is 3200Mhz at least.

i run dimm at 2010Mhz so uncore more then 4020Mhz (4165Mhz)

set memoru manual, and timings also at 7-8-7-20 2T with 1.65v.

and they will work on X58.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your prompt response. I never thought I'd get such a quick response :)

My question was really to ask if you guys bought your tr3x3g2000c7gtf/tr3x6g2000c7gtf through the "Corsair Online Store". I did try to do a Google search and it appears that these two models are sold EXCLUSIVELY through Corsair Online Store.

Unfortunately, the 3GB kit is sold out :(

Its cool that I'm talking to several people here who's using the same hardware.

Sepyx, so did you end up getting it to run at 2000Mhz @ CL7 ?

From what I've gathered so far (from our friend Chiller :) ), the key here is the Uncore (frequency) needs to be double of the Ram speed.

Thanks Chiller for including a pics of your memory kit and CPU-Z screenshot. Those memory modules always makes me drool hehe...

I'm upgrading from a P4 3.2Ghz to a Core i7 965. Man, this is going to be good.

My question was really to ask if you guys bought your trx3g2000c7gtf/trx6g2000c7gtf through the "Corsair Online Store". I did try to do a Google search and it appears that these two models are sold EXCLUSIVELY through Corsair Online Store.
Well you're missing a 3 in the part #, so that would have hampered your search (TR3X), however as per the Corsair website:

http://www.corsair.com/products/dominatorgt/default.aspx

Both the TR3X3G2000C7GTF and TR3X6G2000C7GTF are available only in the Corsair store.

• 2 weeks later...

XMP is also not stable with me, but i set the Memory manual at 2000Mhz and the timings ALSO MANUAL at 7--8-7-20-56-2T @ 1.66v.

And it runs just fine, for benching i can go to 2220Mhz 7-8-7-20-56-2T @ 1.67v with domiantor flow fan.

Superpi32M 7m45sec 4740Mhz on air.

SET the MEMORY MANUAL, also TIMINGS etc

From what I've gathered so far (from our friend Chiller :) ), the key here is the Uncore (frequency) needs to be double of the Ram speed.

Thanks Chiller for including a pics of your memory kit and CPU-Z screenshot. Those memory modules always makes me drool hehe...

no problem, and yes the uncore NEEDS to BE 2x the memory speed, but how higher you go, the more Voltage on IOH (NB) you have to set and keep it cool.

On air the highest is with uncore on Evga Classified 4260Mhz for playing and benching.

Hi Chiller,

You are one lucky man. Touch wood.

I had zero luck with 2000MHz in manual or XMP (followed your previous instruction with manual)

My pc would shut down as soon as I would try to test it.

So far 1934MHz seems to be stable.

However, I didn't try 7--8-7-20-56-2T. I tried 7-8-7-Auto-2T

Maybe tomorrow......

Sepyx

there is a second kit of 2000Mhz 7-8-7-20 2T triple set 3x 1Gb on his way to me, when i test them, i let you know.

if they are working just like these ones, then maybe you send yours RMA?

If i have also this problem with another set modules, then it is normal it think that the modules don't run the speed and timings Corsair says.

normally every kit is tested.

for benching i can go to 2220Mhz 7-8-7-20-56-2T @ 1.67v with domiantor flow fan.

2220Mhz @ 7-8-7-20-56-2T @ 1.67 with dominator airflow fan? Is it stable?

Is that your oc'd cpu speed?

Also, by setting the uncore to double the mem clock. Is it a MUST that for the cpu frequency to be set at least that? i.e. If an uncore set to 4000Mhz, is it required to overclock the CPU to at leasts 4000Mhz?

Thanks again Chiller! :)

no, you can run your cpu @ any speed if your Bclock is set like that your memory reaches 2000Mhz and your uncore is 2x or more then memory.

4740Mhz is on air for benching, but i run 24/7 on air 4.3Ghz HT on, memory 2002Mkz 7-8-7-20-56-2T and uncore at 4156Mhz.

i can play like it, but for superpi32M it is also your memory and uncore speed that gives you a good time.

For beching my 2220Mhz setting is stable yes. (manual setted, no XMP)

Archived