The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2019, 11:23 PM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012821
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10

My ST 100 no longer runs RGB when iCue is not running. Occasionally it flickers on and off with iCue not running. Seems to be some sort of conflict perhaps.

Can confirm running iCue will have the RGB work. Is this a known issue?
Old 07-28-2019, 05:06 PM
Krokarn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012922
Krokarn Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliti_308 View Post
My ST 100 no longer runs RGB when iCue is not running. Occasionally it flickers on and off with iCue not running. Seems to be some sort of conflict perhaps.

Can confirm running iCue will have the RGB work. Is this a known issue?
ST100 have no "Hardware Lightning" so when you shut off iCUE the ST100 will go to Rainbow. But why it flickers can i not answer, do you have any other monitoring programs? HWMonitor, Aida64?
Old 07-28-2019, 06:24 PM
Aliti_308's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012925
Aliti_308 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokarn View Post
ST100 have no "Hardware Lightning" so when you shut off iCUE the ST100 will go to Rainbow. But why it flickers can i not answer, do you have any other monitoring programs? HWMonitor, Aida64?
No other apps but 3rd party gaming apps like steam, origin ubiplay are in the background.

Occasionally, RGB will come back on for a short time then the ST 100 will go dark. Running iCue in the background, the RGB works fine.

Something has changed. I only updated iCue and the Commander pro firmware.

I also uninstalled ST 100 stand driver via device manager.

At this stage it appears to be a firmware/software issue.
Old 07-28-2019, 09:31 PM
Yanta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012932
Yanta Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJH View Post
Compared to "Why do I need to download individual apps to manage all my Corsair devices?"

iCUE controls everything Corsair has, which includes products you do not own. Bundle everything into one ease-of-use software, you increase download size.
Fair enough, but the least the developers can do is (a) detect what hardware is installed and install only those components or (b). Provide options during the install to select what components to install.

This is almost 900MB installed. I hate RGB so I will never use any of the features, all I need is fan speeds and temps. 900MB for that is insane no matter how you look at it.

Corsair are never going to get this product stable - ever (and they know it). It's all about money - not stability or features.

As they release new products it's getting exponentially worse because they are trying to do too much with a single AIO package. That strategy has never worked for anyone. There are also issues still outstanding from more than a year ago. The fix cycle is way too slow.

Last edited by Yanta; 07-28-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2019, 07:01 PM

POST ID # = 1013011
Spizzi Reputation: 10

LED strip front lights are going out on my Corsair i160 are stuck in Corsair default blue when I have had the entire system profiled to run off iCUE Instant Lighting (RED color in my case). When going into iCUE software and trying to apply my custom iCUE Instant Lighting color, suddenly ALL LED strip lights go out (like someone unplugged the power). Please fix this.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:10 AM
Chompiras90's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013082
Chompiras90 Reputation: 10

since this update of i-cue that the brightness of the rgb strips connected to the commander pro are always at a minimum, even though I modify the brightness from the i-cue it remains at a minimum
Old 07-30-2019, 01:03 PM

POST ID # = 1013098
HughWattmate Reputation: 10

Just let us disable the monitoring BS... I have a mouse and thats it. I don't require crapping monitoring software i have much better. It's pegging my voltage above 1.4v :/
Old 07-30-2019, 09:18 PM
Jcarax's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013178
Jcarax Reputation: 10

While installing I got an error that something along the lines of admin privilages and when I clicked on retry computer restarted and ICUE was gone.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:46 AM
Gabbatek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013217
Gabbatek Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genji1337 View Post
I have 6 LL 120 fans and ever since last Icue software update my fans have been on fritz no matter what mode I do it keeps colour flickering. I've tried pc restart software update/ forced update close and reopen close all unessery programmes but no matter what I do it doesnt solve the problem whats going on here please help. even after this update its still flickering
Can be a possible break or damage to the rgb cable

Old 07-31-2019, 06:47 AM
Gabbatek's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013218
Gabbatek Reputation: 10

So with this update. Switching between profiles sometimes does not alter the custom fan profiles. It will say it's using the specific fan profile, but it will just stay at whatever rpm it was at when changing profile.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:47 AM
denisgcarvalho's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013247
denisgcarvalho Reputation: 10
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisgcarvalho View Post
My system:
9900K + ASUS Z390 FORMULA + RTX 2080TI + WINDOWS 1903 BUILD 18362.239

List some bugs:
- Mouse keeps giving some "Freezes" this only happens when you install "Icue" software on windows. Solution? Change USB port until this conflict does not occur. Every time you format or reinstall Icue this conflict will occur on the USB port.

- ST100 RGB on the sound part, when installing "Icue" stops working and the sound becomes faulty. Solution? Enter the device manager and delete the driver "CORSAIR ST100" and prompt windows to install the driver, only this way solves bug and the sound will work again.

- Lastly, I have Commander Pro + LIGHTING NODE PRO. When integrating with "Far Cry 5" my fans connected to "Commander Pro" work normally. Already my fans connected in "LIGHTING NODE PRO" the lights go out and does not work properly like Commander PRO.

I hope Corsair staff fix these flaws, this is very annoying and we are unable to enjoy 100% of their products. You need to pay attention to your customers, so you lost important customers.

Thank you
Failures and failures and no solution ...
Old 07-31-2019, 01:13 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013255
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisgcarvalho View Post
List some bugs:
- Mouse keeps giving some "Freezes" this only happens when you install "Icue" software on windows. Solution? Change USB port until this conflict does not occur. Every time you format or reinstall Icue this conflict will occur on the USB port.
This seems a bit odd. I have the same motherboard, same Windows version, and the same mouse. I have never seen or heard of this, although how often are you re-installing iCUE?

Quote:
- ST100 RGB on the sound part, when installing "Icue" stops working and the sound becomes faulty. Solution? Enter the device manager and delete the driver "CORSAIR ST100" and prompt windows to install the driver, only this way solves bug and the sound will work again.
Yeah, sorry. You can't listen to music while installing the sound driver for the device you are using. Try playing a game and reinstalling your GPU driver at the same time. I would take normal precautions like everything else and turn off the headset when installing. Why are you reinstalling iCUE so frequently?

Quote:
- Lastly, I have Commander Pro + LIGHTING NODE PRO. When integrating with "Far Cry 5" my fans connected to "Commander Pro" work normally. Already my fans connected in "LIGHTING NODE PRO" the lights go out and does not work properly like Commander PRO.
Far Cry 5 is one of a handful of games with lighting coded to game events. Obviously that requires some interaction with the game's code. It was the first game do to this 18 months ago. The Far Cry developers likely are no longer working on that project. Not clear if the game was not programmed for more than one device (LNP/C-Pro) or if it is a glitch. Presumably the fan lighting works normally in other situations and you do have the option of turning the SDK off to bring back your own lighting patterns.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:56 PM
Daykeem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013426
Daykeem Reputation: 10

Lost all my profile settings even before I updated. Not sure how. Thanks, Corsair.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 PM

POST ID # = 1013624
50cal Reputation: 10

another colossal failure from your devs.

constant crashes, freezes, bugs.

I really want to know if Corsair out sources their software development to 3rd world countries (because thats the level of coding quality we are getting), if they refuse to pay decent salaries thus can only afford entry level devs straight out of some garbage bootcamp, or blew all their money on one dev but then couldn't afford a QA team.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:30 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013641
Mussels Reputation: 10

Ryzen 2700x
Aourus AX370 (current BIOS, AGESA 1.0.0.3.ABB
everything is updated to the max

With iCue running, CPU temps spike up really high (seeing 10-15C jumps), CPU never drops to idle.

Going to make a dedicated thread about it, but posting here for attention.