Corsair Community

Hello all, I am planning a build with the Obsidian 1000d case. The main board will be an E-atx, with a mini ITX as a secondary system. Looking at reviews I'm getting mixed signals on what E-atx motherboard I should go with. I was leaning toward GIGABYTE, but I'm not sure. This is obviously not a budget build, so with that in mind what is eveyone's suggestion on the best motherboard?? Thank you for any input. Edited by jcarter191

If you ask 10 people for their definition of the "best" motherboard, you are likely to get at least 11 different answers !!! Obviously "it depends" on all sorts of things.

One of the motherboards I looked longingly at when researching for my current build (I had already decided on AMD, AM4), was the MSI MEG x570 Godlike. I just couldn't justify the ridiculous price though. You've already said yours isn't a budget build, but presumably you have some kind of ceiling in play?

Best LGA2066?

Personal recommendations in no particular order:

• Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore - if you want a versatile solution. VRM is good, but if you want to watercool, Bitspower might likely have a VRM or a monoblock ready, as they did for Omega. At least the board has a WB_Sensor connector, which is designed to work with Bitspower waterblocks.
  • Gigabyte Aorus X299X Waterforce - if you want an out of box watercooling ready board. The board is XL-ATX, but since you got 1000D, it will fit.
  • EVGA X299 Dark - if you don't need the extra 4 PCI-e lanes Cascade Lake X CPUs have and don't need 8 DIMM design. No commercially available monoblocks or VRM waterblocks exist, but VRM is good.