Corsair Community

Corsair h100i doesn't show temperatures

Lorenzo Zappa

Hi everybody and sorry if i write something grammatically wrong but i'm not english (i'm italian). i've just bought a new corsair h100i and a corsair commander mini. Everything is working properly despite the fact that i can not see the cpu and the liquid temperatures which are always 0. (if it can be usefull i'm using win 8.1 64bit). In the attachments there is a screenshot about the problem; what can i do to fix this issue?

Thanks to everybody :biggrin:

1077860900_Problemacorsairlink.PNG.b0caa0f92db37fcb3ae54ccd0b9407b5.PNG

yes i tried to reinstall and to create a new profile too; but it didn't work :(:

what do you mean with Have you applied the registry edit to stop the H100i device from constantly disconnecting/reconnecting? if you mean going to regedit then system/currentcontrolset/enum/usb/vid_1b1c&PID_0c04 and set all the 1 to 0 yes I did it

• Corsair Employee

Revert to 2.7.5339

Uninstall the Corsair Link software through Windows Control Panel

Go to file explorer, enable "Show hidden files, folder and drives"

Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

(This directory is also used to store custom profiles for other Corsair products. You may want to save this directory on a different location so you won’t lose other profiles)

Restart your system

Install the new Corsair Link software

Yes i tried but nothing changed :(:

Is it normal that after uninstalling the corsair link and after rebooting the system the h100i still was red (and not with the white light as default) and the 2 fans was at 80% as i setted them before unistalling the corsair link (by default they should be at 40%); it's like, despite the uninstallation, nothing changed, is it normal?

What else can i do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"System name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair

This is incorrect I suspect you meant to write "Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair".

Thus far all I can tell is that things not work. This could be either of software issue with CL or an hardware issue. If you exit CL, run my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility and post screen shots of the [ USB Bus ] and [ Link Devices ] panels it may be possible to diagnose cause of your issue. If there is a [ Link Status ] button at the bottom of the [ Link Devices ] panel press it and post that panel as well.

This is incorrect I suspect you meant to write "Delete the following directory: C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Roaming\Corsair".

Thus far all I can tell is that things not work. This could be either of software issue with CL or an hardware issue. If you to exit CL, run my SIV (http://rh-software.com/) utility and post screen shots of the [ USB Bus ] and [ Link Devices ] panels it may be possible to diagnose cause of your issue. If there is a [ Link Status ] button at the bottom of the [ Link Devices ] panel press it and post that panel as well.

ok i have taken the screen shots

Linkdevices.thumb.PNG.2cc52c4c663f772bd0a431d7faa494b4.PNG

USBbus.PNG.1401b8a1b3c183bb047e263b9b98fac1.PNG

Thank you. The hardware should be working. You seem to have two Corsair Link devices what are these? If it's a CL Mini and H100i do you have the H100i connected to the CL Mini with a CL Digital cable? If so you need to unplug the H100i from either the USB Port or CL Mini.

You still have CL running even tough I asked you to exit it.

If you exit CL (Right/Click the CL tray icon and choose Exit), exit then rerun SIV and post what [ Link Status ] reports.

Thank you. The hardware should be working. You seem to have two Corsair Link devices what are these? If it's a CL Mini and H100i do you have the H100i connected to the CL Mini with a CL Digital cable? If so you need to unplug the H100i from either the USB Port or CL Mini.

You still have CL running even tough I asked you to exit it.

If you exit CL (Right/Click the CL tray icon and choose Exit), exit then rerun SIV and post what [ Link Status ] reports.

i have connected the h100i to the motherboard with the usb cable and i have connected the corsair commander mini to the motherboard with another usb cable (the h100i is not connected with the commander mini by the corsair link cabke).

ok sorry i forgot, now i exit

LinkStatus.PNG.4c420c69bb7e3cfcaa3d8af7921c5b07.PNG

That is how it should be connected and CL should correctly report the H100i temperature. Looking at the SIV screen shot below SIV reported 24.2°C, which indicates the hardware is connected and operating correctly so the issue must be within the CL software. My best guess is that your saved profile is messed up.

To fix this I would exit CL, delete the CL profile files in C:\Users\Lorenzo\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\, restart CL and then save a new profile. I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping this will work.

Another thing that might circumvent the issue is to connect the H100i via the CL Mini instead of via USB. The CL handing of profiles seems rather poor and quite often if you make the slightest change to the CL hardware they get messed up and you need to create new ones. By connecting the H100i via the CL Mini there will be only one USB device for CL to deal with and I expect this is less likely to confuse it.

I suspect you ran SIV64X.exe directly from siv.zip as there are no Corsair logos on the panel. You should extract all the files from siv.zip into a folder and run the extracted SIV64X.exe. Once you do this SIV will show far more information as it will be able to use it's driver, get logos from SIVRES.dll and lookup descriptions in the xxxdevs.txt files.

That is how it should be connected and CL should correctly report the H100i temperature. Looking at the SIV screen shot below SIV reported 24.2°C, which indicates the hardware is connected and operating correctly so the issue must be within the CL software. My best guess is that your saved profile is messed up.

To fix this I would exit CL, delete the CL profile files in C:\Users\Lorenzo\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\, restart CL and then save a new profile. I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping this will work.

Another thing that might circumvent the issue is to connect the H100i via the CL Mini instead of via USB. The CL handing of profiles seems rather poor and quite often if you make the slightest change to the CL hardware they get messed up and you need to create new ones. By connecting the H100i via the CL Mini there will be only one USB device for CL to deal with and I expect this is less likely to confuse it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19917&d=1416687911

I suspect you ran SIV64X.exe directly from siv.zip as there are no Corsair logos on the panel. You should extract all the files from siv.zip into a folder and run the extracted SIV64X.exe. Once you do this SIV will show far more information as it will be able to use it's driver, get logos from SIVRES.dll and lookup descriptions in the xxxdevs.txt files.

i tried everything you said; but it stil doesn't work :(

here there is the screenshot after extracting the files

P.S. I noticed that, unless it doesn't show the temp of cpu and h100i in the corsair link page, if i click on the icon in the bottom left i can see the temperature of h100i and cpu :)

Linkstastus2.PNG.a95fcc4da07b1ac0eff9afb97f97e0ca.PNG

1179258006_Porblemah110irisolto.thumb.jpg.f1218247990c46cb53d3ab4277b9b7b2.jpg

Given CL reports the temperature via the icon tray but not on the screen this must be a bug in CL. All I can suggest is to raise a support ticket.

The disk temperatures are different between the two utilities, so one must be reporting incorrect values. As I did not write either I have no real idea as to which one is incorrect. I could comment more had the SIV [ Status ] panel been in the screen shot.

Looking at the new SIV screen shot the logos are now there as I would expect, but I am confused as to why there is an extra device at [ 1:1 01 ]. What have you connected to the CLCC since the previous screen shot?

Given CL reports the temperature via the icon tray but not on the screen this must be a bug in CL. All I can suggest is to raise a support ticket.

The disk temperatures are different between the two utilities, so one must be reporting incorrect values. As I did not write either I have no real idea as to which one is incorrect. I could comment more had the SIV [ Status ] panel been in the screen shot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19936&d=1416862369

Looking at the new SIV screen shot the logos are now there as I would expect, but I am confused as to why there is an extra device at [ 1:1 01 ]. What have you connected to the CLCC since the previous screen shot?

attachment.php?attachmentid=19934&d=1416861472

i don't now why but now the temperatures of the hdd and ssd are the same in both programms

and yes, the device at [ 1:1 01 ] is an extra one (i don't remember what i have connected, but now there isn't anymore)

I encountered this issue a few times with my H80i after I added the Commander Mini to my setup. My pump speed and the fans connected to the H80i displayed 0 when connected to the Commander Mini. Never connect both devices to USB, only one. Connect the Commander mini to the USB, then connect the H100i to the Commander Mini via the link cable.

Uninstall all CL software including the USB driver. Shutdown. Power on. Then install the latest CL software. Reboot. If that does not work then try below.

Solved it with the following:

Open Corsair Link, right click on the H100i Temp gadget, select reset device. Close the Corsair link software form the system tray. Wait a minute, restart Corsair Link software.

If that did not work, try it again for a second time. If it still do not work then:

Open Corsair Link, right click on the H100i Temp gadget, select remove device. Close Corsair link software form the system tray. Wait a minute, restart Corsair Link software.

Edit:

The same thing happened again this morning when I turned on the PC, This time I just closed the software from the system tray and then launched the Corsair Link software and it fixed itself. This is not a permanent fix as it sporadically happens.

http://i.imgur.com/fzFnx8n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uPPP2ih.jpg

• 1 year later...
I encountered this issue a few times with my H80i after I added the Commander Mini to my setup. My pump speed and the fans connected to the H80i displayed 0 when connected to the Commander Mini. Never connect both devices to USB, only one. Connect the Commander mini to the USB, then connect the H100i to the Commander Mini via the link cable.

Uninstall all CL software including the USB driver. Shutdown. Power on. Then install the latest CL software. Reboot. If that does not work then try below.

Solved it with the following:

Open Corsair Link, right click on the H100i Temp gadget, select reset device. Close the Corsair link software form the system tray. Wait a minute, restart Corsair Link software.

If that did not work, try it again for a second time. If it still do not work then:

Open Corsair Link, right click on the H100i Temp gadget, select remove device. Close Corsair link software form the system tray. Wait a minute, restart Corsair Link software.

Edit:

The same thing happened again this morning when I turned on the PC, This time I just closed the software from the system tray and then launched the Corsair Link software and it fixed itself. This is not a permanent fix as it sporadically happens.

http://i.imgur.com/fzFnx8n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uPPP2ih.jpg

Where did you get those NZXT H400 case images from? They're seriously cool! I need them! :D

Archived