Corsair Community

Disappointing Corsair fittings

hquest

Just to register my disappointment with Corsair Hydro-X hardline fittings.. While the packaging and presentation are great (a standard Yellow Corsair box, with a foam holding each of the four units on their own round hole), the fittings coating were so bad on 7 out of the 8 fittings I got, I returned to the seller and went to use my default fittings from another brand.

The Corsair fittings are likely made by this other brand, except in a much lower quality: any of the dozens of other brand fittings I got are yet to present any signs of wear, damage or coating fault on the brass product. Plus, they come with an extra O-ring, if you are careless with your tube sharp/rough edges.

789A2DB6-CCF1-4021-8A6B-E0747B18CD8B.thumb.jpeg.02699f8b9182c85d39962e645dcff1ef.jpeg

5C31CA0A-28E9-45FA-B64A-955FDEC7E451.thumb.jpeg.af8575f8cbb2d2907ec126d158fed8ff.jpeg

Edited by hquest

Thats BAD.. but from what i have seen.. it's not the norm at all. just done a dual loop 1000d build my self and had over 35 boxes of fittings and not one had any sort of damage on them, I also run my own discord server and have a Custom loop specific channel thats mostly Corsair's line up we are helping with and yet to have anyone have this, and looking at those pictures.. that's damaged bud. damaged post anodising/painting imho

To me, it looks like it's been used, look at the inside.

Are you sure you didn't mix the old one with the new ones?

I've bought hundreds of "new" items from Corsair and many other manufacturers and never have I received anything that remotely looks like that.

Extra O-rings? No problem, you can get 50 pack on Amazon for $6.59, that's 48 more rings then what'd you get buying a new set of fittings and for $20 less.

@Zotty, I too was surprised with the overall quality. So much I had to voice my concerns. I know some people have worse luck than others, but I think I hit jackpot.

@Nazgul, Nope, those were brand new from two Corsair sealed boxes. I too thought they were used by their looks, but the other brand ones from my personal system that I've assembled and disassembled a gazillion times do not look any closer to those looks.

• Corsair Employee
Just to register my disappointment with Corsair Hydro-X hardline fittings.. While the packaging and presentation are great (a standard Yellow Corsair box, with a foam holding each of the four units on their own round hole), the fittings coating were so bad on 7 out of the 8 fittings I got, I returned to the seller and went to use my default fittings from another brand.

The Corsair fittings are likely made by this other brand, except in a much lower quality: any of the dozens of other brand fittings I got are yet to present any signs of wear, damage or coating fault on the brass product. Plus, they come with an extra O-ring, if you are careless with your tube sharp/rough edges.

Hi!

I'm sorry for the bad experience. Such a state of fittings is definitely not something that would skip through our QC. These had to be tampered with prior to your purchase.

Could you please open a support ticket and provide additional information regarding this matter.

Thanks!

@GregX, I can but since these were purchased off Amazon, I've open a return process with them. I am dropping the fittings at a UPS later this afternoon, so I assume the seller would take care of return them to Corsair.

If others are stating the box can be tampered with (and thinking about it for a second, they surely can, as the safety stick only sits on one side), perhaps a feedback to you guys could be to improve tampering resistance.

I might give another shot in the future with other Corsair fittings, but I've sorted out this build for now.