Corsair Community

CUE makes my mouse unuseable

TheKoolAidMan

I recently purchased an M65 RGB mouse. I didn't like the default profile, so I downloaded CUE to change things up a bit. That turned out to be a horrible idea on my part. Whenever I open CUE, the mouse pointer stops dead every little bit. This happens whenever I move the mouse at any significant speed, i.e. more than a millimeter in a second. However, when I close CUE the mouse reverts to some strange settings that definitely are not what I set, nor are they the factory settings. The default horizontal dpi is crazy high, while the vertical dpi is something like 800. As to why anyone would set it like that, I have no idea.

After opening and closing CUE multiple times, as well as unplugging the mouse a couple times, it seems to work normally - until I put the computer to sleep and then wake it back up, at which point I have to go through the whole process over again. I'm just about done trying to work with this mouse and am considering an RMA. Has anyone else experienced this issue and/or know of a solution to it?

Which CUE version are you using? Also try to re-flash the mouse to see if anything changes.

What are your system specs? That might affect the problem too, you can update it using the link at the top of each page. That way a dropdown with all your specs will show in each post you make.

I am using the latest version of CUE2 currently, but I had the same issues with CUE1. I uninstalled CUE1 and reinstalled it to fix me problem, but that didn't work. So, I uninstalled it again and installed CUE2 in the hopes that the newer utility engine would fix my problems, but it did not. As for my system specs, I entered and saved them, but I still don't see a dropdown. Maybe it's something to do with me being a new user.

Have you tried updating the firmware of the mouse? It's quite possible that it's just running the stock one, which CUE isn't really designed to handle any more, which is leading CUE to keep trying to reinitialize the device over and over.

I use an M65 RGB with my work computer, and I've never had issues like this.

Edit: Oh, it could be an issue with polling rate, too. If your computer can't handle 1KHz polling rate, try dropping it to 500Hz. Some chipsets have a really hard time with 1KHz, so look into updating your motherboard chipset drivers as well.

Archived