Corsair Community

Request: Be able to re-name fans in iCUE Dashboard

Jackpen7

I would like to be able to rename fans in the iCue Dashboard. For example, I would be like to be able to rename "Fan #2" to "Top Exhaust". Also, I am having issues with some Dashboard items not being draggable.

The dragging is ... well, a drag. There's a small area on the upper right of the title bar where you can click and hold ... it'll pick it up. Sometimes it's tricky to get the spot just right.

As xMacias mentioned, however, this is being improved ... A LOT ... in the next release.

The dragging is ... well, a drag. There's a small area on the upper right of the title bar where you can click and hold ... it'll pick it up. Sometimes it's tricky to get the spot just right.

As xMacias mentioned, however, this is being improved ... A LOT ... in the next release.

Thanks so much:D:! Where exactly is this "small area"? Any ETA on the next update?

I ran into this issue as well and when they told me to double click on it I was confused, until I played with it more:

The sensors are grouped by the device containers i.e. motherboard, GPU, CPU, and etc.

When you enable a device, you will see see a new container i.e. motherboard with RPMS, temps, and etc in it. You can then double click on the sensor name (i.e. Temp 1) inside of the container and rename it. If you drag the sensor outside of the container, it appears you can't rename it there. You can only rename it, before you drag the sensor to the dashboard. I am betting they will fix this at some point

You can only rename it, before you drag the sensor to the dashboard. I am betting they will fix this at some point

Yes. You'll be able to drage the sensors back to the parent. You'll still only be able to change the name when the child sensor is in the parent; you won't be able to change the name once you drag it out.

Yes. You'll be able to drage the sensors back to the parent. You'll still only be able to change the name when the child sensor is in the parent; you won't be able to change the name once you drag it out.

I guess it is like kids, as a parent you can control the kids while they are in your house, though once they leave your house, you can no longer control them.

Just like how my mom didn't let my wife and I to sleep in the same room when we visited, until we were married. Didn't matter that we were together for 10 years and I was 30 at the time. :)

Archived