iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage

momorious

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy crap, I was going insane spending damn near two days troubleshooting my PC. Uninstall GPU drivers over and over, and couldn't figure out why all my games and apps were stuttering. Luckily I was watching the Gamers Nexus video and Steve pointed it out. Voila, after updating to 3.20 my issue was gone.

Seriously, WTF Corsair, that is extremely ****ty on you. I'm leaning to never buy anything Corsair again for this. Incredibly irresponsible by a reputable company.

Holy crap, I was going insane spending damn near two days troubleshooting my PC. Uninstall GPU drivers over and over, and couldn't figure out why all my games and apps were stuttering. Luckily I was watching the Gamers Nexus video and Steve pointed it out. Voila, after updating to 3.20 my issue was gone.

Seriously, WTF Corsair, that is extremely ****ty on you. I'm leaning to never buy anything Corsair again for this. Incredibly irresponsible by a reputable company.

similar things happen to many many BIG companies. look at microsofts updates that cause mass problems(file deletions,security problems,read the news), apple with iOS updates, etc etc etc. if you follow your rule of "never buying again", then prepare yourself to pretty much never buy from any company ever again, because they have all had things that happen. have a nice day.

I skipped 3.19 and updated to 3.20. I am seeing high CPU usage. Went back down to 3.18

I also saw high CPU usage when I first updated to 3.20. I rolled back to 3.18 but that lost all my profiles and iCue stopped detecting my Corsair devices. So I rolled back to 3.20 again (more precisely 3.20.80). I got my profiles back, this time CPU usage seems somewhat better, but oddly (and perhaps unrelatedly) some of the Microsoft apps broke and needed repairing.

Am I the only one that still has this issue running ICUE 3.20.80? With software control enabled, I still see one core getting pegged to 100%... Adding a short video if you want to see it happen...

[ame]

[/ame]

Hoping to hera from someone who no longer has the problem :)

Am I the only one that still has this issue running ICUE 3.20.80? With software control enabled, I still see one core getting pegged to 100%... Adding a short video if you want to see it happen...

Hoping to hera from someone who no longer has the problem :)

My understanding is there was a new memory driver implemented in 3.19 and still present in 3.20 and there is going to be new firmware coming for the memory (not released as yet) which is more efficient. This is one of the reasons for the problems with high CPU utilisation and is expected to be fixed by a memory firmware update. Corsair has stated if you are concerned about high utilisation, leave the "software control" disabled for the time being until the new firmware is released.

• Confused 1