The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 05-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Sineira's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778171
Sineira Reputation: 11

So will Corsair make another attempt at correcting the SW or not??

Old 05-08-2015, 08:46 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778185
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sineira View Post
So will Corsair make another attempt at correcting the SW or not??
Of course they will/are
from my understanding their in the validation stage of a release...

Old 05-10-2015, 12:23 AM

POST ID # = 778382
Mikegriffin84 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Thank you Corsair, I really want this to work again.

I ripped my Link controllers out of my system just before Christmas in a fit of rage after the umpteenth software fail.

I'm waiting with baited breath to watch the forums upon V3 release... if the usual thread of frustration isn't present.... hey I might be willing to give it another go and even look at buying more C-Link gear in the future.

If not? Oh well, my expensive commander and fan controllers will gather more dust in my drawer and I won't touch anything stamped Corsair Link :(
I am taking it a step further and not going to touch anything stamped CORSAIR until the K95 RGB, and the Commander Mini works properly.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:25 AM

POST ID # = 778383

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
No, it is not a full change log. Just what we believe were the major issue's people are having and our main focus. The blinking of LED's you are referring to, which product is that on? Is it only on custom curve? If this is the Commander Mini, then yes we have been looking into this, if other please let me know. Are the fans you are using PWM, 3 pin, or both?

I will put this on the list for GPU fans and see what we can do.

This restriction is to keep lower speed fans from stalling out. 1k rpm stock fans at lower than 40% generally stall and is considered a safety feature. We do see the requests to turn off fans as an enhancement and will look at what kind of warnings we have to put in place for people to enable this if the hardware can support it.
OK... I understand that but what about all the high rpm fans that can't go under 40% Also what about PWM fans that have a minimum speed that is lower than the 40% you allow???

Old 05-10-2015, 12:29 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778384
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegriffin84 View Post
I am taking it a step further and not going to touch anything stamped CORSAIR until the K95 RGB, and the Commander Mini works properly.
Most of Corsairs products are top notch,so ultimately it will be you that loses out by restricting your hardware brand.,

Old 05-10-2015, 12:45 AM

POST ID # = 778385

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Most of Corsairs products are top notch,so ultimately it will be you that loses out by restricting your hardware brand.,
While I will be restricted in my choices there are many many many other choices in all of the categories of hardware. I will be just fine. However Corsair is going to lose customers over this kind of stuff. PERIOD. How much time do they need??? It's literally been YEARS since CL was released.

Are you saying since they do some things right that they are justified in the terrible communication? Should they not actually hire 3, 4, 5, 6 devs to devote full time to this product? How much money have they made off of this product? Why should my device not work properly? I have tried it on win 7, 8, 8.1 and even 10 now just for laughs and a tiny glimmer of hope it would work properly. IF they allocate the proper resources it would be fixed and done.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:48 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 778399
red-ray Reputation: 81
Default CLCC firmware allows fans to be set below 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegriffin84 View Post
OK... I understand that but what about all the high rpm fans that can't go under 40% Also what about PWM fans that have a minimum speed that is lower than the 40% you allow???
With PWM fans the CLCC firmware allows fans to be set below 40% and it's CL that has the 40% lower limit. If you write your own CL control software you can set them to 12 of 255 (~5%). I have only managed to do this for PWM mode but it should be simple enough to change the firmware so lower speeds worked for custom curves should Corsair choose to do so.

Attached Images
File Type: png PWM_12_of_255.png (73.3 KB, 2149 views)

Old 05-15-2015, 01:37 PM
jvillaveces's PC Specs

POST ID # = 779345
jvillaveces Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Of course they will/are
from my understanding their in the validation stage of a release...
And from your understanding how much longer will this validation stage require?

Old 05-21-2015, 03:15 PM

POST ID # = 780399
oviano Reputation: 11

Such a discrepancy between the quality of the software and the hardware.

The hardware is top notch, I've experienced Corsair memory, power supplies, cases (although I've since discovered Caselabs and I'm not looking back!), the AIO coolers were a great intro to water cooling (but now I'm onto proper custom loops), their fans, their braided coloured cable kits, loved the K70 RGB I bought not so long ago but found the software too unreliable so sent that back....but Link really takes the biscuit for an atrociously unreliable piece of software that lets the whole setup down, in my opinion.

The fact that you *still* have to faff about with the registry on Win 8.1 to get an H100i recognised in Link despite this workaround apparently being many months old and still no fix incorporated into the software says it all to me.

I'll definitely continue buying their hardware but I can't imagine giving Link another go unless they really do pull their fingers out.

Last edited by oviano; 05-21-2015 at 03:18 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:05 AM
ukunox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782271
ukunox Reputation: 11

When will the new software appear? With the Windows10 Release?

Old 06-02-2015, 06:28 PM

POST ID # = 782431
hpvoltage Reputation: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukunox View Post
When will the new software appear? With the Windows10 Release?
Really already I made the reservation windows 10, day 29 July is coming, the corsair will release an update? fixes and support for new windows

Old 06-02-2015, 07:15 PM
jvillaveces's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782455
jvillaveces Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpvoltage View Post
Really already I made the reservation windows 10, day 29 July is coming, the corsair will release an update? fixes and support for new windows
LOL don't get your hopes up. They haven't been able to figure out 8.1 yet, so W10 may be not happen for a while. OTOH, maybe they decided to just stop messing with the useless 8.1 version and concentrate all their efforts on W10, so they will finally have a working version, just not backwards-compatible... wouldn't that be something? It's fun to speculate like this, without any guidance or information from the company.

Old 06-03-2015, 02:34 PM
q_fleuren's PC Specs

POST ID # = 782671
q_fleuren Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvillaveces View Post
LOL don't get your hopes up. They haven't been able to figure out 8.1 yet, so W10 may be not happen for a while. OTOH, maybe they decided to just stop messing with the useless 8.1 version and concentrate all their efforts on W10, so they will finally have a working version, just not backwards-compatible... wouldn't that be something? It's fun to speculate like this, without any guidance or information from the company.

LOL the truth has been spoken sadly enough, but im hopefull.
if you can set it up just once its all fine you dont need to look at the crapfest ''software'' if you dont want to.
im also hoping they would lower the 40% limit to 35% or even 30% and enable a 0RPM setting.

My previous fancontroller allowed me to run my fans at 25% RPM
and turn fans on and off as i pleased.

Atm some of my fans are blowing against a cover in my oepsair obsidian 500d for no real reason. (the cover will only come off during summer)

Would be awesome if i could set the commander up to only activate certain fans when they are needed like when the intake temps are arround 32 degrees celsius in dat summers

Old 06-17-2015, 07:13 AM

POST ID # = 785221
noir Reputation: 20

I would also like a 0 RPM setting to disable a select fan, I have a fan on the bottom of my case sucking air out (for dust control ), so when gaming and etc it would be nice to shut this fan off so colder air from the front fans gets to the GPU instead of getting sucked out the bottom, same thing with the top fan and rear fan.

Anyways to disable a fan would be great, if you don't like the feature keep your fans at 40% simple it won't effect anyone except those who want it, also my motherboard allows 0% on pwm so its not uncommon.

Throw a little disclaimer in saying don't use 0 RPM on rad fans then add a little fall-over protection ie if it detects a rapid coolant increase re-enable all fans as a safety measure, or do something like afterburner did where you have to manually edit an ini to enable overvolting a videocard.

Old 07-05-2015, 07:00 AM

POST ID # = 788071
noir Reputation: 20

I don't understand the Corsair software developers why not release betas and alphas openly or invite so the community can test and help discover bugs this way we can make Corsair product better all around not just hardware wise but also Software, lets face it the hardware is not as useful without the software....

Instead of just saying were done! we tested it with 5 coolers and 2 computers and 3 OS inside..
They must either be outsourced developers, not paid much, or just sloppy coders

really they should also release the API so other programs can control the hardware - I think it would draw more people to use Corsair products.

Last edited by noir; 07-05-2015 at 07:02 AM.

Closed Thread