Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-29-2019, 01:46 PM
walksonpoo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019590
walksonpoo Reputation: 10
Default VIRTUOSO RGB Headset audio crackle

Just got the headset, and right off the bat started to notice an audio crackle in games i was playing. Ive tried different USB ports, front or back, but everything still seems to produce the issue. Just wanted to find out if anyone else was having this issue, and is there a work around of any sort. Thanks ahead of time.

Last edited by walksonpoo; 09-29-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Old 09-29-2019, 02:59 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019598
KBhamm Reputation: 10

same problem voices of chars in apex crackle.

Old 09-30-2019, 08:02 PM

POST ID # = 1019762
Elament Reputation: 10

Hey sorry I do t have an answer for you but I'm having the same issue. I dont have an issue watching YouTube or twitch but as soon as I get into overwatch I get this bad crackling noise. If you found a fix that would be great and I would love to know the fix. I was going to return mine but I'm going to see about a fix first.

Old 10-01-2019, 07:18 AM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019799

Reinstalling the drivers will help... The drivers are real bad for right now... Sometimes I turn it on and left an right ear up sounds are switched

Old 10-01-2019, 12:12 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1019848
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Which version of iCUE are all of you currently on? Latest should be 3.20.80 right now. You can also try what KBhamm suggested:

Uninstall the Virtuoso audio driver under device manager, unplug the headset, restart windows, then plug the headset back in.

Also, if you have the dongle connected through a USB hub or pass-through, try connecting it directly to the PC and see if that helps.

Old 10-01-2019, 12:49 PM
KBhamm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Which version of iCUE are all of you currently on? Latest should be 3.20.80 right now. You can also try what KBhamm suggested:

Uninstall the Virtuoso audio driver under device manager, unplug the headset, restart windows, then plug the headset back in.

Also, if you have the dongle connected through a USB hub or pass-through, try connecting it directly to the PC and see if that helps.
If you do it like you suggested we run with legacy drivers and auto shutdown won't work anymore but you could use dtsx or dolby atmos then. Corsair drivers are really bad right now and you're restricted on stereo which is also real bad on the original driver or corsair 7.1 and this is no real 7.1 algorithm at the moment :P

Nick may I ask how deep you're connected to corsair? I have a few suggestions directly for the devs and a few bugs with the virtuoso. I want a direct line :)

Last edited by KBhamm; 10-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Old 10-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Ady1976's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020938
Ady1976 Reputation: 10

I've got the same issue, doesn't always do it but there are waust to replicate it, try grim dawn a certainty it always does it, crackling sounds like a speaker in the headset is switching off and on, low volume then loud volume, and once it starts doing it that's it unless you replug the dongle or restart the pc, also sometimes everything sounds robotic, you'll also notice like me the dongle white solid light goes off once it starts doing it, I'm sending mine back to OCUK for a refund, i cannot wait to see if a driver issue is going to fix it or not, too much of a risk, there's something up with either these receivers or the auto change channel, who knows but if Corsair can't be bothered to test stuff properly why should we bother waiting for something they're not even claiming is an issue or can't replicate.

Old 11-12-2019, 05:09 PM

POST ID # = 1023747
SuikerDuiker Reputation: 10

So i only got the problem if there is an "loud" explosion or a shotgun shot. Is there maybe a posible fix for this ?

Old 12-05-2019, 07:23 AM

POST ID # = 1026362
Leers Reputation: 10
Default a little fix

Hello

I just got the headset and i like it but i have the same problem. but i have a little fix dunno if it helps for any of you but try closing Icue down so it is not running that fixed it for me

and corsair you might want to look into the that if it is icue that will made the Crackling sound

iam running icue v. 3.22.74

Cheers Leers