The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 50 votes, 4.82 average. Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 08:54 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 758221
COOL GUY Reputation: 20
Default Link Development Status Update

Updated 2/11/15

The concerns shown in this thread and forum are real. Corsair should take responsibility for the software on all of their products. I am here to do that for Corsair Link. There are users having problems with Corsair Link and the frustration is warranted. The community has been supportive as we work through issues on the products and the software. Below is a slightly more detailed response as a start.

What came out of the bug tracking meeting was that several of the issues were not fully resolved. Another drop of the software went into test today meant to resolve them. If the software has known critical issue's it will not leave the building, now matter how badly an update is needed. The new date for the software to be released is the 16th of February. That date is a best case scenario that can/will move if needed. This may not make everybody happy, but it is the best thing for the customers and the products the software supports. Once the software goes into internal testing it takes roughly two weeks to fully complete the testing process. We have 15 test machines right now across three different groups trying to make sure we catch everything. That does not mean we always do and there will be things we don't catch. This is something that was not in place last year. We have had to staff up in our testing and software team to support the HID, Audio, and Link software.

The v3 release is slated to have firmware updates for the H80i and H100i, a new bootloader (process/method of flashing the firmware), multi-language support, installation enhancements, new product support, an updated CPUID SDK, and various UI functional fixes.
  • Firmware updates for the H80i and H100i are to address certain USB connectivity and RGB LED color profile issues.
  • The bootloader has been completely revamped to try and make the process easier and more stable. Firmware updates in the past have left some users with bricked units and having to RMA your unit because a firmware flash went bad is the last thing anybody wants to do.
  • We have an installation option already that sets specific flags in the registry for Win 8/8.1 support but people are still having to set these manually sometimes. We are now going to prompt for admin access if needed to make sure the registry edits happen instead of continuing installation without the registry edits.
  • Multi-language support will give non English speaking users a much more useful tool.
  • The new version will also support the H80i GT and H100i GTX that will be coming to market soon. Since they have already been leaked all over the internet we can mention them here.
  • The new CPUID SDK is what runs all of the motherboard, GPU, and HDD sensors. An update just brings on new hardware that might not have been supported before. SLI/Crossfire detection is still not working.. yet.

2/11/15
The above list is not the complete change log. It was what the majority of users were having problems with and our main focus. The feedback about the RGB LED color's not being saved through system shutdown or restart are being addressed as well.

The new 3.1.xxxx is still under test and some issues were found with the fixes for the firmware on H80i and H100i. The new firmware is going to be pulled along with the new firmware update bootloader for the 3.1.xxxx release at first. It is still being worked on but will be a couple weeks behind as we have to start qualification over again after updating the firmware.

Last edited by COOL GUY; 02-11-2015 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Updated 2/11/15

Old 02-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758224
red-ray Reputation: 81

Thank you for the status update. I feel this should be moved to it's own thread, made sticky and updated at least once per week.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:33 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758227
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Thx Coolguy for the update
A new enhanced UI would actually be nice

Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 758236
COOL GUY Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Thank you for the status update. I feel this should be moved to it's own thread, made sticky and updated at least once per week.
That is a very good point. I will work with the mods to get that set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
Thx Coolguy for the update
A new enhanced UI would actually be nice
An enhanced UI will not be up and running until, at best, the second half of this year (wild guess on time frame, no schedule is set yet). Most all the development right now is going towards getting current users squared away. It will happen, but its still in the definition phase now.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:17 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758237
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOL GUY View Post
An enhanced UI will not be up and running until, at best, the second half of this year (wild guess on time frame, no schedule is set yet). Most all the development right now is going towards getting current users squared away. It will happen, but its still in the definition phase now.
No worries,Im not gonna try to pin you down to a exact date release

Old 02-05-2015, 10:32 AM
mittelk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758305
mittelk Reputation: 12

Quote:
Agreed, would be a good idea

Old 02-05-2015, 03:18 PM
antonyfrn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758354
antonyfrn Reputation: 20

Quote:
Totally agree should have been since the launch of Clink.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:20 AM
ross57412's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826519
ross57412 Reputation: 10

Quote:
i have to agree took me a while to find a link to this but glad i did and cannot wait for the upgrade was almost ready to trash the h 100i cooler and go with a kracken water cooler

Old 12-20-2015, 03:47 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 826526
red-ray Reputation: 81
Question endless "reboot needed" popups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross57412 View Post
was almost ready to trash the h 100i cooler
Assuming you have a H100i rather than a H100iGTX to and get endless "reboot needed" popups from CL 3.2.5742 on W10 TH2 you could do I as specify in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=822047 rather then waiting for a CL release with a fix.

Quote:
Updated 2/11/15
I feel that after 10 months there should have been several status updates added to the first post of this thread.

Last edited by red-ray; 12-20-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:51 AM

POST ID # = 826654
CircuitWizardry Reputation: 21

Quote:
I feel that after 10 months there should have been several status updates added to the first post of this thread.
The absence of any updates from Cool Guy is very telling. It tells Corsair customers how valued they are. It gives us some great clues on what priority this has for Corsair.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:29 AM
mittelk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758304
mittelk Reputation: 12

Quote:
The concerns shown in this thread and forum are real. Corsair should take responsibility for the software on all of their products. I am here to do that for Corsair Link. There are users having problems with Corsair Link and the frustration is warranted. The community has been supportive as we work through issues on the products and the software. Below is a slightly more detailed response as a start.

What came out of the bug tracking meeting was that several of the issues were not fully resolved. Another drop of the software went into test today meant to resolve them. If the software has known critical issue's it will not leave the building, now matter how badly an update is needed. The new date for the software to be released is the 16th of February. That date is a best case scenario that can/will move if needed. This may not make everybody happy, but it is the best thing for the customers and the products the software supports. Once the software goes into internal testing it takes roughly two weeks to fully complete the testing process. We have 15 test machines right now across three different groups trying to make sure we catch everything. That does not mean we always do and there will be things we don't catch. This is something that was not in place last year. We have had to staff up in our testing and software team to support the HID, Audio, and Link software.

The v3 release is slated to have firmware updates for the H80i and H100i, a new bootloader (process/method of flashing the firmware), multi-language support, installation enhancements, new product support, an updated CPUID SDK, and various UI functional fixes.
  • Firmware updates for the H80i and H100i are to address certain USB connectivity and RGB LED color profile issues.
  • The bootloader has been completely revamped to try and make the process easier and more stable. Firmware updates in the past have left some users with bricked units and having to RMA your unit because a firmware flash went bad is the last thing anybody wants to do.
  • We have an installation option already that sets specific flags in the registry for Win 8/8.1 support but people are still having to set these manually sometimes. We are now going to prompt for admin access if needed to make sure the registry edits happen instead of continuing installation without the registry edits.
  • Multi-language support will give non English speaking users a much more usefull tool.
  • The new version will also support the H80i GT and H100i GTX that will be coming to market soon. Since they have already been leaked all over the internet we can mention them here.
  • The new CPUID SDK is what runs all of the motherboard, GPU, and HDD sensors. An update just brings on new hardware that might not have been supported before. SLI/Crossfire detection is still not working.. yet.
Fair enough, at least we know something now. Thx

Last edited by mittelk; 02-05-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: forgot something

Old 02-06-2015, 07:31 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758464
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Very much looking forward to this new update.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:33 AM
nh_790's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758477
nh_790 Reputation: 23

Quote:

• Multi-language support will give non English speaking users a much more usefull tool.
Thanks for the update. Is that a full changelog? What about the blinking of the LED's when fans are set to custom curve? That and H100i detection are really the only huge problems I have with the software.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:44 AM
ragzilla's PC Specs

POST ID # = 758693
ragzilla Reputation: 10

Would it be possible to get a checkbox added in the future which allows non-PSU fans to run at 0rpm without flashing red? Believe this is mostly an issue for people with Strix and Twin Frozr video coolers which stop the fan under low/no load.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:27 AM
FloorPizza's PC Specs

POST ID # = 760389
FloorPizza Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragzilla View Post
Would it be possible to get a checkbox added in the future which allows non-PSU fans to run at 0rpm without flashing red? Believe this is mostly an issue for people with Strix and Twin Frozr video coolers which stop the fan under low/no load.
Many EVGA graphics cards keep their fans at zero rpm until crossing a threshold temperature. When you are not running a game, the fans are at zero 99% of the time. The flashing red fan rpm indicator in Corsair Link is very annoying.

Quote:
I will put this on the list for GPU fans and see what we can do.
You may want to implement this feature for any/all fans, not just GPU. Even if you feel it necessary to throw up a "warning! blah blah" dialog box when the option is checked.

Last edited by FloorPizza; 02-15-2015 at 09:33 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread