Corsair Community

a7n8x-e deluxe probs

brton311

I have an athlon 2800+ and twinx1024-3200C2 and when i try to install windows xp through dos in my new SATA hdd i get a memory error right after windows loads the device drives included on the cd. itll say starting windows and then this blue screen will come up and say windows has encountered a critical error and will shut down. then there is a bunch of advice like contact your hardware dealer and stuff like that. on the bottom there is a technical readout stating: *** STOP 0x0000000a and then a bunch of other #s like that one. Is the memory bad?? i hope not because i just bought this new PC for christmas. i swapped the memory out into different DIMMs and there still the error, now sometimes my whole system will just restart. PLZ Help!

• Corsair Employee
First thing is, I am sorry that you are having trouble, But the MB and CPU you have may require that you set the memory Freq. manually to run at DDR333. This is a chipset limitation. If the FSB of your CPU is 400 For Intel and 100 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. If the FSB of your CPU is 533 For Intel and 133 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz for Intel and 200 MHz for AMD, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400 Please try this as an example, CPU Freq:166Mhz Memory Freq: 100% Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 6T And I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and leave any performance setting to AUTO or bios default. But if you try to run the memory at DDR400 or at default settings and the CPU at 166 MHz it will cause a bottleneck in the chipset and may generate random errors that are not from the memory.

Archived