Corsair Community

D865GBFLK & TwinX512-3200C2PT?

JTH

I just ordered an Intel Mobo D865GBFLK and a TwinCorsair 3200 sticks(Corsair XMS TWINX512-3200C2PT) is this going to be compatible? I searched here and could not find any info on this...? I didnt see any other posts about the GBFLK board and this memory. Will this work? I went to the intel site and they dont list corsair but they also dont list KingstonHyperX twin set either for dual channeling. Any issue with intel mobo and this corsair memory? Thanks in advance for any help. JTH

RAM GUY, Thanks for the fast response. I saw in other posts after digging deeper you recommended Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and then to try Cass 2-3-3-6 But above you recommended Cass 2.5-4-4-8 So, the 2.5-4-4-8 seems a little high but is that the best this board will do with cosair in dual channel and will it list as running at 400. Thanks again for your fast and helpful response. JTH

Thanks again RAM GUY, I wanted a stable board and am not interested in OCing much that is why I didnt buy the AsusP4P, but I wanted all intel but still be able to run the best ram Corsair. So thanks again I'll put in what you recommended thanks again. I would hate to render a huge animation scene only to get a untimely reboot. Thanks, JTH

Using the Intel D865GBFLK, P4 2.6c, Corsair 3200 DDR400 C2PT No Overclock, stock heatsink, running Dual Channel mode. I have running stable WinXP Pro, tested with memtest86 and tested for a small amount of time using Torture Test of Prime95, and several tests rendering with max antialiasing and many textures. No errors on any of those tests. Stable at: CAS Latency 2 RAS to CAS Delay 3 RAS Precharge 3 RAS Act to Pre 5 Idle avrg. 32c Prime95 55c - 57c Rendering avrg. 42c - 47c Does this seem right RAMGUY thats what the bios says and that would be a 2-3-3-5 with the above info right? Thanks again RAMGUY. JTH

Thanks RAM GUY, I'll set them to 2-3-3-6 like you recommended. One last question do my temps of: 32c idle 48c rendering raytracing 57c prime95 Seem right when dual channeling on this mobo and corsair memory at 2-3-3-6? Thanks for all the help, Merry Christmas! JTH

Archived