Corsair Community

Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Lagging issues

SongJiHyoZ

Hi Corsair and Corsair users,

So i recently bought a Ironclaw RGB Wireless.

Initial use was superior-ly lag despite the "Slipstream" advertisement.

I assuming that advertisement was not working well despite the latest update (V. 1.14.102).

Any solutions to this sudden lag issue? Kind of disappointed that it isn't working properly as i switched from the Glaive RGB to this.

I do not have any 2.4GHZ devices operating around my desk.

My WiFi is 5ghz only.

Regards

John

Edited by SongJiHyoZ

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is working, on original fw and current. Try another USB port? (Asmedia USB ports are the fail)

Hi there Apophis3,

Tried various ports, the keyboard one works.

However, the mouse will automatically lose its profile and reset itself.

Not sure why is that happening.

I also recently just got mine and updated to the latest firmware, unlocking the HW profiles.

Have you tried it with Bluetooth on your computer? Also try it on another computer with the 2.4GHz dongle. If the bluetooth works and not with the 2.4GHz wireless dongle then you might have got yourself a lemon. I recommend you return it and get a new one.

• 4 weeks later...
I also recently just got mine and updated to the latest firmware, unlocking the HW profiles.

Have you tried it with Bluetooth on your computer? Also try it on another computer with the 2.4GHz dongle. If the bluetooth works and not with the 2.4GHz wireless dongle then you might have got yourself a lemon. I recommend you return it and get a new one.

Hi Cruxiaer,

Apologies for the late response.

It turns out that the usb hub that i had was the cause of the problem.

I plugged the receiver to my K95's USB port and it turned out ok!

However,

The mouse itself will not be able to detect the receiver sometimes which is annoying.

Now the mouse has got like several copies as shown below.

I have no idea how to get rid of it.

Corsair-Ironclaw-RGB-problem.png

Any ideas?

Looks like your device is being reinstalled again and again. (1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1) issue.

See https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192447 for solution to your mouse renaming/reinstalling issue. Also your iCUE looks different from mine albeit being the same version.

Annotation-2020-01-05-195810.png

Also nice setup, thinking of getting the Dominator RAMs but I got my RAMs when they were really expensive so its a huge loss to upgrade it :(

Edited by Cruxiaer

Looks like your device is being reinstalled again and again. (1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1) issue.

See https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192447 for solution to your mouse renaming/reinstalling issue. Also your iCUE looks different from mine albeit being the same version.

Annotation-2020-01-05-195810.png

Oh nice solution there Cruxiaer, no idea that was part of a setting. As shown below its ok now.

image.png

However, i still think this mouse is pretty buggy~ random disconnects is really a pain. Should have gotten the wired one instead.

Also nice setup, thinking of getting the Dominator RAMs but I got my RAMs when they were really expensive so its a huge loss to upgrade it :(

Oh thanks for the compliment! You can check out my specs which i have updated.

I saw the price on newegg for the 64gb and 128gb variant for which the difference was only $100SGD, therefore i decided to get the 128GB instead.

I got my 4x8GB Vengeance RGB Pro for roughly 400SGD, which is more than what 4x8GB Dominator Plat RGB will currently cost :(

As for the disconnection and buggyness it is caused by the recent firmware update. I would recommend you install this older version of iCUE on another computer/laptop https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml and update/rollback the firmware on your Ironclaw and never update it again on your main rig until they fix it.

Read https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192217

I got my 4x8GB Vengeance RGB Pro for roughly 400SGD, which is more than what 4x8GB Dominator Plat RGB will currently cost :(

I see.... my condolences for that. But i hope you do like the RGBs hahaha.

As for the disconnection and buggyness it is caused by the recent firmware update. I would recommend you install this older version of iCUE on another computer/laptop https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml and update/rollback the firmware on your Ironclaw and never update it again on your main rig until they fix it.

Read https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192217

Oh wow your a lifesaver i have downloaded and installed the 3.21.88 already.

Need to observe for awhile.

Issues before installing this was:

1) Your customised profile will automatically be gone and changed to default

2) Unable to detect receiver when turned on

Let's see how it goes for this week! (6Jan2020-10Jan2020)

Thanks again Cruxiaer!

I see.... my condolences for that. But i hope you do like the RGBs hahaha.

Oh wow your a lifesaver i have downloaded and installed the 3.21.88 already.

Need to observe for awhile.

Issues before installing this was:

1) Your customised profile will automatically be gone and changed to default

2) Unable to detect receiver when turned on

Let's see how it goes for this week! (6Jan2020-10Jan2020)

Thanks again Cruxiaer!

Hi Cruxaier,

Just an update for you.

Umm Issue 1 above still exists.

Issue 2 seems to be fixed by dialing back to this version of the software (3.21.88).

So there is still issues...:[pouts:

But... at least the software works better than Razer's i must say.

Thanks again!

Hi Cruxaier,

Just an update for you.

Umm Issue 1 above still exists.

Issue 2 seems to be fixed by dialing back to this version of the software (3.21.88).

So there is still issues...:[pouts:

But... at least the software works better than Razer's i must say.

Thanks again!

What dongle/mouse firmware are you running with iCUE 3.21.88?

Hi Cruxiaer,

Currently my dongle is on v.1.11.52 and the mouse is on v.1.14.102.

Use iCUE 3.21.88 and update it to an older firmware.

Dongle 0.9.40

Mouse 0.11.80

That will fix the disconnection issue which causes the mouse to lose iCUE profile.

Edited by Cruxiaer

Use iCUE 3.21.88 and update it to an older firmware.

Dongle 0.9.40

Mouse 0.11.80

That will fix the disconnection issue which causes the mouse to lose iCUE profile.

Hi Cruxiaer,

How do you update to a lower version of the firmware? Couldn't find it at the website though. The support site only has icue..

• 8 months later...
Sorry to revive an old thread. But anyone got this fixed? I had my Ironclaw RMA and it still perceives the stuttering symptoms at times.

Hi ackfighter,

Did you try it on other devices? E.g. if you have spare laptops etc. if those works and has no issue, im afraid that shall be on your device.

Also, has your icue software been updated to the latest?

You can also try other usb ports to see if that works.

If the above doesn't help, i suggest you get a refund.

Thanks for the reply! I don't have another PC to try with. All the other USB ports are giving me this.

Additionally, when holding left click and moving (aka a click-and-drag for a file), it stutters occasionally. Seems like it might have an issue with multi-tasking buttons?

I have just got my iron claw wireless along with the HS70 pro wireless and K57 wireless, i have been having the same issues as in this thread, i have so far changed the dongle poling rate of the mouse in ICUE to 500Hz / 2msec and it appears to have made a difference.

i have left the home page of Icue open while i have done some testing and noticed the mouse intermitantly disconnects and connects again which seems about right and the icon beside the mouse on device settings is sometimes a red On/off icon and other times a wireless icon, not sure if thats saying there is a disconnect or if something is losing power. weirdly its only the iron claw thats effected so i might try bring the dongle to the front of the PC or a port at the back that isn't near the other dongles.

Update - since moving the dongle to the front USB on my PC it hasn't disconnected, so if yoiur still having trouble ask your self what is wireless at the back of the PC? does your motherboard have wireless?

Edited by PaulAm87

Thanks for the reply! I don't have another PC to try with. All the other USB ports are giving me this.

Additionally, when holding left click and moving (aka a click-and-drag for a file), it stutters occasionally. Seems like it might have an issue with multi-tasking buttons?

I think you might want to do a refund instead of RMA again. :laughing:

Personally if you can, see if you are able to change it to M65 pro or other wired options from Corsair. Wireless mouse so far i have tried Dark core pro seems like there is no issue to me ( i do own one of those).

I have just got my iron claw wireless along with the HS70 pro wireless and K57 wireless, i have been having the same issues as in this thread, i have so far changed the dongle poling rate of the mouse in ICUE to 500Hz / 2msec and it appears to have made a difference.

i have left the home page of Icue open while i have done some testing and noticed the mouse intermitantly disconnects and connects again which seems about right and the icon beside the mouse on device settings is sometimes a red On/off icon and other times a wireless icon, not sure if thats saying there is a disconnect or if something is losing power. weirdly its only the iron claw thats effected so i might try bring the dongle to the front of the PC or a port at the back that isn't near the other dongles.

Update - since moving the dongle to the front USB on my PC it hasn't disconnected, so if yoiur still having trouble ask your self what is wireless at the back of the PC? does your motherboard have wireless?

Hi Paul, previously i tried the 500hz option as well, it only worked for like say.. 20 mins? And then the stuttering and disconnecting happened again. So upon that i gave up and refunded the mouse instead.

I plugged to all the available ports i have on my PC, be it back, front, usb extension ones, even the one on my K95, and on the monitor ports. All same problem :D: so I gave up instead hahaha.

I am using M65 pro now.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you might want to do a refund instead of RMA again. :laughing:

Personally if you can, see if you are able to change it to M65 pro or other wired options from Corsair. Wireless mouse so far i have tried Dark core pro seems like there is no issue to me ( i do own one of those).

Dang, I really wanted the Ironclaw to work out.

Had switched my PCs wifi to off and solely using wired ethernet for the past 2 weeks. Can't really say an instant improvement but I had way lesser intermittent stutters.

So maybe the interference is an issue.