Corsair Community

corsair h1500, ppor 7.1 sound and mic or just me?

arronleeds

i bought the h1500 thinking they would be decent since theyre 7.1, i know its 7.1 usb but still, it should be pretty good. anyway the problem i have is i mainly got them for footsteps, yes thats nerdy lol. but tbh they have no improvement over 2.0 audio and ive even tried using the fps setting in the corsair control panel. they do sound good when talking to people, it sounds like theyre next to me but games, hmmm not really too good, anyone got any good presets going? also the mic is very very poor, i have to use another mic sat on my desk to talk, because if i use this one they say they can barely hear me and thats with the mic on full. they also say i sound very muffled and if i even knock the volume button i get a faint hiss on the mic, so i have to not touch it and keep it muted. any help? im probably gonna get some astro a40s next because ive never heard a bad review about them.

Of the games you listed, I can only speak for BF4.

Battlefield 2142 had very easy-to-hear footsteps. I used a Creative SoundBlaster sound card and analogue headphones in those days, and footsteps of approaching enemies were very easy to hear.

But things changed with Bad Company 2, and footsteps of approaching enemies don't really exist any more, at least in my experience with the same and different hardware as used with 2142.

Occasionally I hear footsteps of friendlies, but never enemies.

Problem is nightowl I can hear enemy footsteps but there's no difference in them with stereo and surround, it's like there's a threshold from where you can hear them to where they stop, like call of duty where there's only a certain distance you car hear them until they vanish and you can rarely hear them when team mates are close.

• 4 months later...
i bought the h1500 thinking they would be decent since theyre 7.1, i know its 7.1 usb but still, it should be pretty good. anyway the problem i have is i mainly got them for footsteps, yes thats nerdy lol. but tbh they have no improvement over 2.0 audio and ive even tried using the fps setting in the corsair control panel. they do sound good when talking to people, it sounds like theyre next to me but games, hmmm not really too good, anyone got any good presets going? also the mic is very very poor, i have to use another mic sat on my desk to talk, because if i use this one they say they can barely hear me and thats with the mic on full. they also say i sound very muffled and if i even knock the volume button i get a faint hiss on the mic, so i have to not touch it and keep it muted. any help? im probably gonna get some astro a40s next because ive never heard a bad review about them.

No, it's not just you, volume levels are difficult to adjust (All levels are very loud) and microphone is horrible and low and if third party software is used to boost the mic (Not part of the driver?? wtf...), horrible humming and groundloop feedback will annoy anyone youre trying to communicate with...

I've tried this headset on 3 different win 8.1 computers, 2 desktops and a laptop with same result, generic and Corsair (new and old) drivers... This headset just sucks and is probably my worst buying decission for quite a while being close to useless for whatever they where intended... I've had other brands of headsets cost 1/3 the price of this 1500 that I'd MUCH rather own... There's other people on forum with these issues but no official response and some suggesting trying to fix it with freeware equalizer software ... That's just not good enough ... Has anyone actually got this headset to work perfectly on a windows 8.1 pc? Especially the microphone issues?

yeah i enabled 7.1 and i also tried 5.1, ive tried games like counter strike, bf4, dayz and insurgency. i cant hear footsteps any better on any of those games and thats even with surround enabled in the game settings too.

How dare you! BF4 is NOT a game. It's an interactive docu-drama.

Archived