Corsair Community

Another TX650W with weird sounds

Kicko

Greetings from Croatia!

Recently I have RMA'd my old TX650 (Case #4858776) and got a brand new v2 TX650. The problem is that it is making some weird noises, you can hear it in the youtube video that i made

I don't think it's normal, I am not even sure why it is making such noise. The funny thing is that when i set the psu with the fan facing up the noise appears only when under load (games etc.), but when it is facing down (as it should be in my computer case) it makes the noise almost all the time. Weather it is fan related or not I am not sure, because it makes the noise even when the fan is not spinning and the computer is in idle. Also, the psu gets very hot in the back (where the cabels are coming from) even when on idle. I have disabled all the power saving features in bios and it did not help. It is the loudest thing in my room, and very annoying during the day. You can imagine what it sounds like at night…

Now, I don't have the money for another RMA (it costs half of the price of a new PSU) so what can i do to fix it? I have been using Corsair products for years and never had any issues until now.

Thanks

I would give CS a call and let them know that you have recently RMA'd the PSU and they will take care of the shipping costs for you. Just be sure to have your previous RMA number handy.

Thanks for the fast reply, but I'd rather we figure out whats wrong with the one I have, or what causes him to make souch noise. I don't want them to send a new PSU just to find out that the problem is somewhere else.

Also, here's another thing it likes to do

I think he cannot figure out weather to start the fan or not :biggrin:. In the meantime the PSU is running very hot...

• Corsair Employee

Please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we will be happy to replace it.

And for the others who chimed in please contact our customer service with your Previous RMA# or post the RMA# and I will contact you.

• 4 weeks later...
What was your RMA# and I will see what we can do?

if you are referring to me it is the same as in the first post - RMA Case #4858776

but i don't want you to send me another PSU if the problem was not fixed. if the whole line of your products is faulty then you will be just wasting your time and money.

• 2 weeks later...

third one arrived for me yesterday and it is still making the same noise when under load but it is a lot quieter. on idle it works just as it should :D: anyway, now it is something i can live with

EDIT: spoke too soon, it started to make the noise even on idle. i think i'm done with corsair and their psu's...

third one arrived for me yesterday and it is still making the same noise when under load but it is a lot quieter. on idle it works just as it should :D: anyway, now it is something i can live with

Good to hear that you got a quieter one. What model did you get this time TX650 or HX650?

I guess it's better if the noise is quieter and only under load. What I really hate is the constant annoying loud noise the TX650s I received are doing while watching videos (which is light load on the GPU).

Good to hear that you got a quieter one. What model did you get this time TX650 or HX650?

I guess it's better if the noise is quieter and only under load. What I really hate is the constant annoying loud noise the TX650s I received are doing while watching videos (which is light load on the GPU).

got an TX650. and just added an edit so...

got an TX650. and just added an edit so...

Why did Ram Guy say they contacted you with another option? How is sending exactly the same TX650 model PSU which is confirmed to have this issue "another option"?

The only customer who got this fixed is Spamlobster: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=603317&postcount=14. The rest of us are waiting for a solution or already switched to other PSU brands.

Please Corsair stop deleting our posts and sending this crap noisy PSUs and give your customers acceptable solutions.

Why did Ram Guy say they contacted you with another option? How is sending exactly the same TX650 model PSU which is confirmed to have this issue "another option"?

they haven't contacted me at all. after i said that the second psu is faulty the courier called me and said they are coming for the psu and yesterday they brought me the third one. and i haven't heard a word from corsair... i thought that the another option is going to be to choose something from their website for the price of TX650. i guess it's cheaper to ship faulty psu's all over the world...

they haven't contacted me at all. after i said that the second psu is faulty the courier called me and said they are coming for the psu and yesterday they brought me the third one. and i haven't heard a word from corsair... i thought that the another option is going to be to choose something from their website for the price of TX650. i guess it's cheaper to ship faulty psu's all over the world...

I think they were going to offer you a different model (most likely an HX650 like in the case of Spamlobster) but somehow someone screwed up and they just sent you another noisy TX650. What is worse is that we have also seen reports of these noise problems on the new HX650s so the only solution would be to get a previous generation HX650. Nevertheless, it wouldn't hurt to try a new version of another model because the TX650s they're sending now are garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I had today a GS600 (bought yesterday) what I've gave back to the shop. I got a brand new TX650 but it has the same noise problem.

gs600:

I think it doesnt like my house - Thermalteke Armor - in which the PSU doesnt lie, it stands... I cant get back it to the shop within 3 days...

What happened dear Corsair? My "oldie" VX550 works like a charm, but it doesnt stop the vent...

Hello! I had today a GS600 (bought yesterday) what I've gave back to the shop. I got a brand new TX650 but it has the same noise problem.

gs600:

I think it doesnt like my house - Thermalteke Armor - in which the PSU doesnt lie, it stands... I cant get back it to the shop within 3 days...

What happened dear Corsair? My "oldie" VX550 works like a charm, but it doesnt stop the vent...

Bigsee take a look at my thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110472

TL;DR -> If you want a PSU with low noise buy a real fanless PSU or keep the VX550 (but get a case which supports mounting the PSU on the bottom so it doesn't heat up and you always get quiet fan operation).

Archived