Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

Just got a Corsair K95 platinum and MM800

Features I wish for (or couldn't figure out):

Lighting:

- Rainbow wave but with own specified colors/gradient.

- "Linked layer", linking a layer to multiple devices, I was able to get the ripple effect shared by both devices, but on advanced modus I'd like to be able to share a single layer between devices, and still have their own layers under/above it.

- Music visualizer, when watching youtube videos before my purchased I saw so many I thought it was with the corsair software, but it seems to be a different program... I'd like to see it in CUE!

- "Type lightning" layer at advanced mode

Macros:

- hold multiple keys and release when you release the macro key, I currently have one macro key set to windows key + ctrl for multi desktop usage, using that key I could press D for a new desktop, left/right to switch desktop or f4 to close it.

For now I've added a delay before the macro will call the release key functions so I have time to press one of the other keys. But I'd rather have a "wait for key up" event or something like that instead of a timer. Having "remap key" support several keys at once may work too.

- Ability to auto press keys or add delays after an "open application" action. For example, first open your music player, have a delay, then press media play/pause button so the music will play.

Edited by Hedgy

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Music visualizer, when watching youtube videos before my purchased I saw so many I thought it was with the corsair software, but it seems to be a different program... I'd like to see it in CUE!

The visualizer works only if you are using a Corsair headset (like the VOID) as audio output.

Re-adding the macro recording options to CUE 2 is a make or break feature for me.

I have reinstalled cue 2 a few times only to remove it once I see this feature is still missing and revert back to 1.16.42.

Quick macro's are a big utility feature for me and without the option to record them without delays they are useless as the features I use them for most are file and utility functions. Having to open up the cue software every time I record a quick macro to clear out the delays is unnecessarily cumbersome given that this option exists in earlier versions of the software.

I would suggest that macro recording delays by default on CUE 2+ should be missing delays as an alternative. Any speed savings granted by using a macro are eliminated if you record all delays along with the entry process. Delays are only necessary to accommodate processing requirements that might occur during the execution of the delay and that is best managed manually by tweaking delay times (which still requires opening CUE software and editing the delays).

As it stands now quick macro recording seems to be useless with cue 2.

Hi

what I am missing most in new CUE is ability to hold one macro button continuously and pres other buttons then macro i was holding key down resumes.

NEW CUE BEHAVIOR SCENARIO

pres and hold macro1 button down ( macro made to spam key continuously )

pres any other button ( macro1 will be interrupted and the button you pressed will be pressed )

macro 1 will not resume and you will need to press it again

OLD CUE

pres and hold macro1 button down ( macro made to spam key continuously )

pres any other button ( macro1 will be interrupted and the button you pressed will be pressed )

macro 1 will resume

I am missing option "allow interruption and then resume"

http://i.imgur.com/TL1VZmi.jpg

Hi

what I am missing most in new CUE is ability to hold one macro button continuously and pres other buttons then macro i was holding key down resumes.

I am missing option "allow interruption and then resume"

If you toggle a macro on, then other keys will not stop the macro from running.

Also note that best practice for keystrokes is to enter them as a single macro action, instead of separate keypress and keyrelease events.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28922&stc=1&d=1494303103

spam.thumb.png.8bf01d5961ebb0774676a15a2cf1021c.png

If you have more than one Cue controlled LED device such as Keyboard RGB, Mouse RGB, and Mousepad RGB, you have the ability to link the brightness key on the keyboard to the other devices so that when you toggle the brightness on the keyboard from low-med-high-off, it also duplicates the result on the mouse and mousepad.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I registered to suggest this.

The default rainbow wave would be so much nicer with more customization. I would love the following:

-Ability to adjust speed other than slow, med, fast (numerical value like Advanced)

-Customize colors in the wave (length of colors, amount of colors, and the actual colors, kind of like Advanced mode)

-Brightness adjustments (again, like in Advanced)

It's really a pain creating a rainbow wave in advanced. It throws one wave across the keyboard and it is difficult to get it to blend nicely and continuously repeat. I would love to add more speed than fast and decrease the length of the tail but this is not an easy task in the software.

Also, can the demo mode get released that I've seen floating around on YouTube? The user made one is nice, but the Corsair one looks fantastic.

First thing I have noticed is I cannot seem to set left click function to sniper button (to free it up for macro), which was very easy and straight forward to do cue v1.+

Cannot set up an autoclick macro at all for left click.

I own M65 RGB PRO and GLAIVE. The settings are universal for each within a working/current profile they are not separate. I click dpi change button on M65 it is also changing it on GLAIVE. I change color scheme for GLAIVE it does it for M65. It does not matter which mouse is selected at top.

no rainbow lighting option in advanced.. why?

The only thing that does not change is custom dpi settings for each.

Please address the above. This CUE version seems very much a work still in progress.

Downgrading back to Corsair-Utility-Engine-v1.16.42 till v2 is improved.

If you have more than one Cue controlled LED device such as Keyboard RGB, Mouse RGB, and Mousepad RGB, you have the ability to link the brightness key on the keyboard to the other devices so that when you toggle the brightness on the keyboard from low-med-high-off, it also duplicates the result on the mouse and mousepad.

You can sort of do this by rebinding the brightness key to change profiles and make copies of said profile with different brightness settings and tweak the bind in each profile so that it cycles between the number of brightnesses you want. For example make a 100% brightness profile link to 0% profile then the 0% profile link to a 50% and that profile link to 100% profile, or alternatively you can make all the profiles into a folder and have the button simply cycle to the next profile in the folder. The biggest pain with this though is having to change every profile when you change any of the other settings to keep them all in sync. I was looking for the same thing to have the brightness button on my strafe turn off the leds on my void and scimitar so made 2 profiles, 1 with leds on and another exact copy but with leds off, only issue is i can't figure out a way to have it also turn off the scimitar dpi light since the dpi setting is completely separate from the profile.

This should really be a built in feature though instead of the stupid profile jumping bs. I was shocked when i got my strafe and the brightness key change the brightness on all my corsair devices which seems like a logical default thing for that key to do.

If you toggle a macro on, then other keys will not stop the macro from running.

Also note that best practice for keystrokes is to enter them as a single macro action, instead of separate keypress and keyrelease events.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28922&stc=1&d=1494303103

Idea behind having it on while key pressed is - emulate the same behavior as we used to have in some older game pads TURBO button.

lets say I make macros

to spam 1

to spam 2

to spam 3

to spam 4

lets say I am holding key 2 down and I need to press key 1 button simply it will not register my key one spam macro

http://imgur.com/a/QJcJhCUE suggestion - Separation of Actions by group/genre option

Hi all,

If this is available already or suggested already, sorry to have no awareness, I'm just new to Corsair and loving it; brings out the 'scripter' in me. : )

I have approx. 100 Actions (Macros) and growing, from my gaming stuff and now some work I do online with 'auto manipulation' of social media accts (ie. auto-boting 'Likes and follows' etc etc with little chance of detection) My largest macro is 130k lines to give you an idea....

If my Actions/Macros could be grouped somehow and I could switch between these groups similar to say modes and profiles it would be a lot easier to keep track of it all, because scrolling through 100 macros is exhausting.

So a solution is simply grouping Macros based on my gaming and work etc.

Additionally have some sort of 'clipboard' facility rather than the cumbersome opening an action, copying, closing action, than pasting into another etc etc.

One last idea is the option to increase the window CUE sits in, similar to Excel/Word etc maybe. My macro descriptions are quite involved and difficult to read in such small areas.

Oh and an auto-save (backup) of all Actions/Settings/Profiles/Lighting.

Just ideas...:sunglasse

Regards,

David

Edited by calmfocustruth
OCD

If my Actions/Macros could be grouped somehow

For now, I simply use a prefix in the naming of my Actions/Macros, such as:

1. BIZ001-description of first BIZ macro
  2. BIZ002-description of second BIZ macro
  3. BIZ003-description of third BIZ macro
  4. GRP001-description of first GRP macro

If you adopt this standard nomenclature, you may find it reduces the tedium.

We shall await a future CUE version that caters to those few that have so many actions/macros that having grouping inline is more important for Corsair's developers than fixing other bugs/implementing other features.

I'd like to be able to embed images within the profile. I think this could be done relatively easy.

I have done this but CUE2 only sees it in certain places.

When I select the profile CUE can see the image

CUE_2017-05-21_17-40-58.png?psid=1

Once it is imported CUE is unable to see it

CUE_2017-05-21_17-41-17.png?psid=1

Edited by mayberts

CUE really needs to just have one mode, not advanced and simple, whereby you have to keep switching between the modes by going into the software. For instance, I just made a key assignment to change profiles, which works, but it can't decipher between either mode, so I'm either always in advanced or always in simple mode. This means half my profiles work at any given time, unless I go back into CUE. Also, combining the two modes allows for much more lighting options.

Not sure if possible could not find it suggested with search but would love for the ability to use the brightness setting key on the strafe to also control the lighting node pro OFF/LOW/MED/HIGH brightness.

Would be so cool for when lighting is a little distracting.

Hello,

I would very much like the ability to control the brightness level of the Lock key indicator lights (LEDs for Caps lock, Scroll lock and Num lock) in CUE.

I sleep in the same room where I have my computer and the bright lights really light up the room at night.

It really feels inappropriate to resort to having black tape over the LEDs or changing system settings to work around the problem with such a premium keyboard.

Thanks!

1. The ability to disable the "beep"-Sound for the Corsair VOID USB, everytime I switch profiles.

2. The option, so that if I mute the Mic via the Corsair VOID button, it is universal, not only for a specific profile.

Thanks!

Edited by MaxMueller

1. More pre-defined lighting effects to choose from.

2. I do not have my KB lights on when I'm not using the machine as there is no logic in using up LED life when PC isn't in use. Sometimes I will RDP into it and then disconnect when I'm finished. I've come into the room later on to find my KB is lit up in its default red illumination when it should've been off. So maybe an option to disable LEDs when not logged in?