Corsair Community

Please improve your K line Corsair. Seriously.

user435

So.....I've had the the K95 keyboard a little over a month and disappointment is setting in. While there is functionality to it that I do like, volume bar, media buttons, profile switching etc, I feel this keyboard is way past an appropriate price point. In testing my keyboard for its effects, I noticed color flickering (even with the 16m colors option selected). Some transitions and effects simply aren't smooth. This is especially apparent in the "breathing/pulse" effect where the fade is not gradual. The placement of the SMD LED's leave the keys unacceptably dim and do not light the entire key. Take the numbers, punctuation, tab, ect ect. I get that Corsair had a deal with Cherry but seriously, despite the issues with the non-rgb k95, you can't sit here and tell me that there is no way to fully test and engineer a way to encourage usage and longevity for the 3mm LED. Even still, why not place the SMD where it can fully illuminate these backlit keys? Also when using the software, some parts of it are simply arduous. Creating profiles, setting up macros. Meh. Definitely something to do when you're extremely bored. Also, why is it that the brightness has to be in steps? 0. 33% 66% etc, ect? There should be a slider from 0-100. If this is going to basically be a $200 keyboard, I expect all features to run at full capacity and it lacks in areas where it shouldn't. A friend of mine who is known in the gaming world warned me about getting this and for me I wanted to try it anyway. Likely, I will be getting rid of this keyboard unfortunately. I tested a Blackwidow X Chroma and besides the beautiful lighting, the other nice thing I noticed about Razer Synapse is the integration it has especially with games. From the heatmap, to in-game led lighting specific to keys you use often (take overwatch for example), to keyboard stats with keystrokes, macros, etc? I seriously want to understand how this type of thing was missed with Corsair's product? I would have liked to see that same functionality. :[pouts:

Corsair has improved their K-line, The Rapidfire and Strafe rgb fix the flickering issue that was known in the K95, K70 and K65 RGB. The Corsair utility engine has been significantly improved, CUE 2 is in open beta so give it a try and you'll see its full of improvements. Corsair can do what Razer does with third party software, i made a League of Legends switcher that switches according to what champion you are playing. Blizzard made some sort of deal with Razer to get people interested in Overwatch and Razer. Corsair is always looking to improve things and always listen to feedback, Razer doesn't even have a beta team or forum like Corsair to see what people think.

Here is the link to the tutorials for CUE 2: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=161163

• Corsair Employee
I'm hoping they release an updated K95 RGB with the new lighting controller that doesn't have the flickering issue.

We are always working on improving next generation keyboards. Since we recently updated the K65/K70, it only makes sense that we upgrade our flagship keyboard sooner or later

We are always working on improving next generation keyboards. Since we recently updated the K65/K70, it only makes sense that we upgrade our flagship keyboard sooner or later

Shame it's much later though.

Your flagship keyboard should perform as per specification, or at least close to it.

Archived