Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance 2000 Dongle Won't Work?

Abel X17

Back in August I bought a Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset, and just recently the dongle stopped working all of a sudden. I was using the headset one morning without any problems, then I packed up and headed over to a buddies place and when I got there the dongle wouldn't work anymore. It doesn't appear to be physically damaged or anything, but when plugged in to a computer, nothing happens. It doesn't turn on, the computer doesn't even recognize that there is something plugged in, and there is no "pairing button" on the dongle as far as I can tell (I've already filed for an RMA but they told me to use the pairing button despite the fact that the dongle simply won't work, and like I said, I can't find a pairing button anywhere on the dongle.)

Please advise :confused:

Is the "recessed pairing button" the same as the LED? Because the only part of this dongle that looks anything like it could have a recessed pairing button is the little hole where the led is. If so, I've already tried re-pairing but that doesn't work. If not, I'm clueless on where this supposed pairing button is.

A image of step 3

http://www.corsair.com/media//VENGEANCE2000_dongle_paperclip.jpg

Does the L.E.D. on the dongle flash rapidly after ten seconds? or does it doesn't do anything?

Okay so that is where you insert the paperclip. It doesn't do anything. Not so much as a single flash or anything like that, and as I stated before, Windows does not even detect that it is plugged in.

It's been tested on 3 different computers in every USB port of each.

Submit a RMA to the left Abel and give me your case number. I'll replace the dongle so you don't have to mail in the whole headset.

Case number is 5487706

Thanks for the prompt response and quick fix, Ram Guy. I really appreciate it.

Archived