Corsair Community

freezing and not recognizing when plugged on USB.

KnightArch

Hello and good afternoon!

I buyed a K95 keyboard on march 13 and when it arrived, I just plugged it on USB and open the CUE 2.24.35 on a Windows 10 x64 pt-BR.

CUE showed a message informing about a firmware update.

So, after the update, all things seemed to work very well, until I powered off my desktop for the second ou third time in the same day.

In this occasion, the keyboard just froze the light effects instead of turning off. I turned on my desktop PC and realized that the keyboard was still frozen, with the light effects locked on the last state it was (spiral rainbow) but without any movement, just static light on. And no response from keyboard when pressing any key!

I used the virtual keyboard to log in on Windows and opened the CUE again and the keyboard wasn't recognized by the app, but still was on the "Device Manager".

Then, I just disconnected the USB and reconnected in the same USB port on the back of the motherboard.

Nothing happened, then I tryed another USB port on the rear panel of the motherboard and also in the front panel of my case. I tried all the USB ports, being USB 2.0, 3.1 Gen 1 and 3.1 Gen 2!

And guess what? Nothing happened! Like it isn't plugged on the USB port.

I even tryed it on my Dell notebook without success. Same behavior!

After a lot of tries (almost 30, A LOT!), restarting the PC, reinstalling the CUE and other no sense things, I managed to get the keyboard recognized by the system and then I used it normally for some hours until it froze again when turned my PC off again.

After some tests, I figure out that the weird behavior is occurring too when disconnecting and reconnecting the keyboard USB cable, and this occurs on any machine I tried, even on PCs that never had CUE installed before, even on a clean installation of the SO.

So, I requested a guarantee exchange and a few days ago I received my new keyboard, just to find out that the new one has the same problem!

I tried to force the re-update of the firmware, tried to clean all profile slots, tried the hard firmware reset and the problem with this weird and bizarre behavior still happens!

So I tried to make an account on Corsair support to submit a ticket, but the support account creation system doesn't work!

I always get the info (in Brazilian Portuguese):

[center]"OCORREU UM ERRO. ENTRE EM CONTATO COM O ATENDIMENTO AO CLIENTE E FORNEÇA OS SEGUINTES CÓDIGOS DE ERRO: 
F7AE68DF-1E29-4FC9-888B-267B43C419A5"[/center]

Without knowing what to do, I am resorting to my last resources: get a new keyboard in the warranty and report the problem finding solutions here in the forum.

Also, I have a Corsair GLAIVE RGB Black (CH-9302011-NA), a mousepad MM800 RGB Polaris (CH-9440020-NA), a Premium Headset Stand ST100 RGB (CA-9011167-NA) and a Void Surround Headset (CA-9011146-NA).

All work very well, without any problems or weird behavior.

My keyboard is a K95 RGB Platinum with pt-BR layout, with "Ç" and ABNT2 standard with its product code CH-9127014-BR.

Probably this problem only occurs with brazilian products, because all my other products code ends with a NA, which stands for North American, and only my keyboard ends with a BR product code, for Brazilian...

If anyone has any idea of how to get rid of this freezing behavior, please, I'm all ears!

Also, if anyone needs some log or system configs, let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Att,

KnightArch.

Hi KnightArch,

When the keyboard stops working, does this affect the CUE software or any other devices plugged in? Have you tried rolling back a version to 2.23 to see if it helps?

http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.23.40_release.msi

Hi Corsair Mint!

Thank you for your reply!!

As I said, I tried even with in another machine with a fresh and clean SO and without CUE installed. In this test, I only installed the NVIDIA Driver, Steam and the Subnautica game.

But its not related with any of these softwares because the problem even occurs when the windows setup is running or in the UEFI Bios instance, I only need to unplug and plug the USB cable again to reproduce the problem of the keyboard not be recognized.

Answering your question, when the keyboard stops working, all other software and hardware continues working normally, in CUE the keyboard vanishes and the other hardware are still showed up and still working flawlessly. And I tried to use the version 2.23 and the early access iCUE, tried to restore the firmware from them and nothing changes, nothing helped.

Sorry about that news, but any other suggestions?

I'm here to test everything, tomorrow I'll send the last keyboard to the vendor I purchased to get a guarantee exchange, again! But I still have the first one that I purchased and can test somethings on it.

Let me know of any sort of idea you have in your mind!

Again, thank you very much for your reply.

• 5 weeks later...
Great! Also, if the issue continues, you can also create a ticket on our support site, they're always happy to help out:

http://support.corsair.com

Please, Mint, help me!

I already reported in both pt-BR and international sub-forums, but all support platforms are broken and I can't create a ticket. I received my keyboard yesterday and it has the same problem. The seller and me both are in a kind of panic.

There is anything we can do to at least try to solve this problem?

Yes, I'm in Brazil.

I tried to create a ticket but in the second field, the "Priority" one, no options are available to be selected and I think it is mandatory, because after fill all fields and attach my receipt, submit the form seems only to reload the page with no error messages. No ticket is created.

I'll try to send an e-mail to this address you provided.

Thank you very much again!

533885050_corsairbrasil.thumb.PNG.e66e45a4a47ce6692da51adbd38ff3d4.PNG

At this point I would just switch to a different brand of keyboard - I mean, my K55 is at least usable, but I had to uninstall CUE and disable the HID drivers, removing ALL extra functionality to be able to use it AND a USB controller at the same time on the same system, which is ludicrous enough, but for several keyboards to not work at all? Stop giving Corsair your time/money, they don't deserve it.

At this point I would just switch to a different brand of keyboard - I mean, my K55 is at least usable, but I had to uninstall CUE and disable the HID drivers, removing ALL extra functionality to be able to use it AND a USB controller at the same time on the same system, which is ludicrous enough, but for several keyboards to not work at all? Stop giving Corsair your time/money, they don't deserve it.

I decided to return the keyboard to the seller and get a refund since the Brazilian support just replied my e-mail explaining the situation and informing them about the problem that prevents me to create a ticket and they only said that I need to create a ticket on the Corsair Brasil to get a support answer. They probably didn't read my e-mail at all.

I'll try to buy another keyboard from another seller, a store instead of a directly vendor. Hope that this fourth keyboard doesn't have the same problem.

I understand your point and frustation, but I don't think it's time to give up the entire brand since I have a PC cabinet, headset, stand, memories, mouse and mouse pad and a dozens FANs by Corsair and nothing has problems besides the keyboard.

And look, the support aproved my RMA but I need to ship the keyboard to California, EUA. From Brazil, I have to pay for the shipment, the export taxes and then for the return of the new keyboard and another tax for the import. This will cost me about R$680 to R$720 and to give you guys a tip of the problem take in consideration that my revenue is R$945/month, what will lead to like a month of job to just get a probability of a succesfull RMA, and for this keyboard I paid R$900.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion, yellowblanka.

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for continuing to consider us. Definitely do not send to California on your own expense, we have the local support in Brazil for this very reason. I'll try reaching out to Brazilian support, too.

If you talk to them, tell them that we can't create a ticket on the platform.

I have posted about this issue here in the pt-BR sub-forum: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177466

But this sub-forum in pt-BR is dead.

I also posted about it in the warranty and RMA sub-forum and bought a fight with Technobeard because of this kkkkk

Thank you very much for your attention, Mint.

It seems like there is some fundamental flaw in their hardware/software that they're either incapable or don't care to fix. And they keep releasing these updates to CUE when the issue is their firmware/HID drivers, and the updates don't really fix anything, and just add more problems. What a mess. My keyboard/mouse were gifts, but it is annoying not being able to use any of the macros, or customize the lighting, and I'm not going to nuke my machine to troubleshoot what is obviously an issue with on their end.

• 3 months later...

I have exactly the same problem. . Bought K95 RGB Platinum (Corsair Refurbished) model from scan.co.uk and mine freezes just like yours. But mine freezes not only on shut down but sometimes while gaming. I will send it back and see if they can send me a different one.

whenever its happened ive had to soft reset the keyboard, but its a hassle when it happens when im gaming.

• 1 month later...
I have exactly the same problem. . Bought K95 RGB Platinum (Corsair Refurbished) model from scan.co.uk and mine freezes just like yours. But mine freezes not only on shut down but sometimes while gaming. I will send it back and see if they can send me a different one.

whenever its happened ive had to soft reset the keyboard, but its a hassle when it happens when im gaming.

i bought mine from scan a refurbish too and exact same issue

Archived