Corsair Community

Manual Temperature control fallback operation

red-ray

What happens when CL is using manual feedback temperature control for a custom curve using the temperature of say a GPU and either the user exits CL or CL/Windows locks up or crashes?

For the controlled exit CL could change the hardware to use the internal feedback sensor, but if it fails then this will not be possible. Does the firmware detect CL is no longer present and revert to internal temperature feedback automatically? Assuming so I guess there is a timeout, how many seconds is this? On what basis does the firmware decide this? Please can you tell me the URL of where this is specified?

Do all of the CL Cooling Node, H100, H80, CL Mini, H110iGT, H100i, H80i, H100iGTX and H80iGT use exactly the same strategy and if not how do they differ?

Thank you.

If you recall the original h80/h100 which didn't have integrated link,these hydro's used 3 profiles stored on the hydro controller.I'm thinking this same scenario is used on all hydro's in the event of a software/os failure.,which is rather obvious in such cases and in the event the user doesn't have controlling software running...

Thank you. I was and still am hoping for an in depth/precise answer form Corsair, but yours did set me thinking :idea:. I just ran a test on my H80 (1.2.08 firmware) which is connected via a CLCC (1.1.06). First I manually used the push button to switch it to Quiet (one bar showing) and when I used control software to set manual feedback it switched to C-Link mode. When I did this the single bar switched off and the C-Link head/logo came on which is what I expected. I then aborted the control software expecting the display to revert to a single bar, but it stayed as the C-Link head/logo. Given the software is not running and updating the temperature feedback register I feel it is at best misleading that the C-Link logo stays illuminated and I am none the wiser as to what is happening :sigh!:. I feel the C-Link head/logo staying on is a firmware issue that should be corrected :!:.

Archived