Corsair Community

H80 acting up

Rassal

Hi,

I have to say, ever since i got that Corsair cooler, it worked fine. But since i got my Corsair Link, and since i linked them both together, i am getting all sort of issues.

My issues were mostly with the Corsair Link software/hardware but they are mostly all solved now with the new version 2.1.7... i say mostly, because the problem i still have is with the software itself.

But, now... i am getting wierd problems with my H80... i am currently running Windows 8, and on top of this, it shouldn't do anything to the H80 cooler itself.

Since yesterday, my H80 would not come out of sleep once my PC goes into sleep mode... i mean, the PC would wake up, but the pump and fans won't restart on the H80. I can see it in the Corsair Link software, both fans are at 0 RPM so is the pump... if i reboot... it stays the same... get into bios, and no speed is reported to the motherboard bios (got a rampage 4 extreme).

Everything is plugged in well... only way i can get this to restart, is to hard reset the cooler/pump by holding the profile button on the pump/heatblock for 5 sec, then once it powers off, keep holding it until all profile lights start blinking in sequence, then fan/pump restarts... until the PC goes in sleep again... Now, it never did that before i started linking my H80 with the Corsair Link... could it be related?

I will try and run the H80 without the Corsair Link, and see what happens, othewise, i will RMA the H80, because i got my CPU to 80C twice since this started, and i can't trust this cooler/link combo anymore... never had this kind of problems before with other coolers, i am pretty dissapointed in those Corsair products... any taughts on this?

• Corsair Employee
I will try and run the H80 without the Corsair Link, and see what happens, othewise, i will RMA the H80, because i got my CPU to 80C twice since this started, and i can't trust this cooler/link combo anymore... never had this kind of problems before with other coolers,

I'd do the same thing. Run the cooler with out being connected to Corsair link, if it behaves the same way then my suggestion is to get cooler replaced.

So, i let it run for a couple of days without the Corsair Link kit connected to the H80 without a glitch... so it`s either a defective Corsair Link, or a software problem...

So i decided to take care of the software part, and do a complete re-installation of Windows 8 Pro x64 over the weekend... i am about to replug the H80 on the Corsair Link, we will see if problem starts again.

So far it's working, but ever since i plugged in the H80 in the Corsair Link, the software keeps crashing saying Sierra crashed... it happens only when i get the Link software to start up minimized and when i double click on the notification icon to open the window.

And so far, only thing i can see is the Pump and H80 pump and H80 temp... i can't see any of the fans connected in the H80 in the software... they are running, but low speed. The H80 triggered correctly on plugin, which was to switch from manual profile 2 (balanced) to the little man (Corsair Link controlled).

But i can't get the fans to display at all inside the Corsair Link (2.1.7) software... will continue testing overnight, but i fear i will end up with the same result... Which happened to me mostly when the PC was coming out of sleep... the fans wouldn't start up after a sleep state, and this is where it would overheat. Now i can't even see that the fans are not working, because they don't appear in Link 2.1.7. Will test some more tonight.

I could, but i was on windows 7 prior to getting the corsair link, and it was doing the same thing, i upgraded thinking that a re-install wouldn't be bad... but now... sounds like the H80 decided to go mad... i powered off the PC to change some bios settings, and after a power cycle (cold boot) the pump started to make an enourmous rattle noise, and of course, the fans didn't start... so i don't know if it has anything to do with the sleep mode, because this time everything was working well under windows. I powered it off and the same exact problem showed up... i really think it's combination of the Corsair Link and the H80 together, because when the H80 was going alone (not plugged in the Corsair Link) it was waking up from sleep with working fans... the problem is only there when both the corsair link is plugged in the H80... but now, i got an H80 noisy pump that will need to be replaced i guess...

I guess now i have the pump/noise problem and will have to RMA the H80... Which i just filled up...

And according to my Corsair Link, the pump went from quiet running @2200rpm to noisy running @1700rpm... so there is definitly something wrong with the pump.

And you know what... now my Corsair Link is reporting a Corsair PSU Fan and Temp, and if i see the list of devices in Link 2.1.7, i see my Corsair H80 with version 1.1.12 on channel 8 and i also see a Corsair PSU on channel 2... Well guess what... i don't have a Corsair PSU (I got a PC Power & Cooling PSU, and i can see it's outputing +12.226V on the +12v rail) and i don't have anything else plugged in the Corsair Link.

Should i RMA only the H80 or should i RMA both the Corsair Link along with the H80... i am starting to think there is something wrong with the Corsair Commander, it shouldn't report a Corsair PSU and over the top, i already spoke about this on another thread, the Corsair Link only reports one of the 2 fans plugged in the Corsair Commander Link... what's next?

I think i will remove the H80 from the computer, because i don't know if the pump will fail on me, and i can't afford to bust a 600$ CPU on a failed 80$ cooler... will just revert to my old air cooler and await for RMA for the H80 i guess...

Archived