Corsair Community

iCue freezing pc

deno1000

My pc freezing after instal icue..

I try instal older version ICUE but same problem freeezing pc and must rr (not

Blue screen)

I try instal new windows same problem.

Event viewer:The CorsairGamingAudioConfig service failed to start due to the following error:

The system cannot find the file specified.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection

and APPID

Unavailable

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\iCUE.exe with process id 12740 stopped the removal or ejection for the device ROOT\SYSTEM\0001.

• 2 weeks later...

My dear colleague, I will now apologize for my English "made in google translate".

I feel a venal hatred for this language, but as I have a big heart and always help the next I came to give you the solution to this problem!

Well, I don't know which component you have on your computer, but I think one of them is a Corsair WaterCooler and after much brainstorming I found that these coolers have a logical part, a software that conflicts with Windows. In case it would be a service.

To be exact the service "CorsairGamingAudioConfig" I do not know what the function for it, but on windows systems it causes problems and freezing if not run correctly, unfortunately has nothing to do because ICUE does not install it on your computer to be installed, only enables this function.

So to solve this problem hit Win + R, type services.msc and look in the list that appears the service mentioned above. Once located by double clicking on it and under "startup type" switch to disabled.

Restart the computer and ready the freezing problem will be solved.

Oh one more addendum, check your motherboard BIOS version, there are some manufacturers, like ASUS for example that has a number of store-available boards that have outdated BIOS, I had this problem too, use 3rd generation processor and the BIOS was updated for 2nd generation only.

In the long run this can lead to a number of problems, including a total system freeze.

• 1 month later...

I've never posted here but frequent occasionally since I own quite a few Corsair products. Your write-up on the audio service was wonderful and I just wanted to make this account to thank you even if you don't speak English often, hopefully (google translate) will be your friend again. Happy holidays to you and your family.

L.I.O