Corsair Community

The MX RGB Project

Technobeard

• Administrators

http://www.corsair.com/us/pressrelease/corsair-debuts-first-gaming-mechanical-keyboard-with-cherry-mx-rgb-mechanical-switches-at-ces-2014

At CES 2014, California-based Corsair and Germany-based Cherry Corp. are debuting the "MX RGB Project" gaming keyboard. The technology showcase , based on a Vengeance K70 gaming keyboard fitted with new Cherry MX RGB keyswitches, gives gamers a first look at the vast customization and game enhancing benefits of per-key 16.8 million color backlighting.

In the second half of 2014, Corsair will bring the concept to life by launching the world’s first Cherry MX RGB-based gaming keyboards. The new keyboards promise to give gamers all of the precision, feel, and reliability of Cherry MX-based Corsair gaming keyboards enhanced with new personalization and gaming customization provided by nearly limitless per-key lighting combinations. The new keyboards will be available in several Cherry switch types: super-fast Cherry MX Red, the light tactile feedback of Cherry MX Brown, or the tactile and audible feedback provided by Cherry MX Blue.

Learn More

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwc3d4KFFds[/ame]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
2nd half of 2014? like months down the road? wow this sucks...I have been putting off buying a k70 because I heard about these coming out soon...I really don't wanna wait that long... Also can you tell us the price range of these?
There is no other information at this time.

Just watched the RGB demo on youtube. Looks stunning! Literally a game-changer.

Thanks for posting that video I only saw the Cherry one annoucing MX RBG...

Definitly an Instabuy!

Spilled beer on my K95 and I'm trying to keep it alive until that byootiful keyboard is released...

ASAP please ! :D:

This is very awesome!

I have some ideas on the usability and functionality of the colors, is there any contact information or can I just post my ideas here and someone can pass it on for the production / development team? I am very interested in this product.

Thx in advance.

Please please pretty please keep the promise of customization not only for US customers. In the past the german layout could only be bought with MX-Red switches. Why? Maybe you can work something out with keycap replacement sets or something. I would even pay more for a german version with MX-brown switches. Please give europe all the options, too.

• Administrators
Please please pretty please keep the promise of customization not only for US customers. In the past the german layout could only be bought with MX-Red switches. Why? Maybe you can work something out with keycap replacement sets or something. I would even pay more for a german version with MX-brown switches. Please give europe all the options, too.
We have the K70 with Cherry MX Brown keys in a DE layout: CH-9000050-DE

We have the K70 with Cherry MX Brown keys in a DE layout: CH-9000050-DE

Oh, one keyboard out of a huge product line. Excuse me for complaining.... [sarcasm mode off]

A K65 with browns I would buy rightaway or a black or gunmetal K70 with browns.

BTW the "german" corsair homepage does not feature the browns K70 at all. Every keyboard featured there is MX-Red or rubber dome. Maybe you should update.

• Administrators
Oh, one keyboard out of a huge product line. Excuse me for complaining.... [sarcasm mode off]

A K65 with browns I would buy rightaway or a black or gunmetal K70 with browns.

BTW the "german" corsair homepage does not feature the browns K70 at all. Every keyboard featured there is MX-Red or rubber dome. Maybe you should update.

I didn't see your post as a complaint, just a query on where to get a product you desired, and I informed you that we do have it. I don't know how certain key types are distributed across the products.

http://www.corsair.com/de/ is just a translation of the main site. I agree that more localization of the parts on the regional pages would be better.

Wow, thanks for the video. I'm most excited that they claim they solved the LED lights going out. Seriously, if these new keyboard LED lights go out a few months after purchase, then that would be PR disaster. I currently own the K70 and so far my 3rd replacement keyboard has several dead LED lights. One more exchange coming up, but I will look forward to the MX RGB keyboard when it is released. If my Logitech G510 membrane dome keyboard can last for years without losing a single LED light, not sure why the K70 can't achieve the same result. Not to mention I have a Dell XPS 15z laptop with backlit keyboard and it never lost a LED light in the past 3+ years I've been using it. What's the problem with K70 LED (blue) lights going out so quickly? Seems like the K70 reds survive much better though. In any case, I'm excited to read more about the MX RGB keyboard, pretty. :-)

I would be happy if every key can customly and/or over presets be set for different situations like for musicians the colors for using a certain DAW or just have the keys highlighted for certain games. Also it would be great if it had usb 3 hub support, just to take the usb 3 ports from the back of the desktop (which most of us dont use) and get them on the keyboard, so we can plug in our usb 3 devices on it (and not to have to put them at the back or the front of the desktop on the floor, like external drives).

Thx !

Please make a tenkeyles version of this,

If you decide to do it, please make it a proper keyboard with all features included, don't skimp on build quality and such, not a cheap version of the fullsized ones. People want tenkeyless keyboards because of the ergonomics, not because they can't afford fullsize ones.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived