Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - Audio lagging issue

Sinuce

Hi Corsair and community.

Recently, I bought a Vengeance 2000 headset which works fine on my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit) without any problem.

The issue:

But when I connect the headset to my desktop (also Windows 7 64-bit - full specs in my profile), occasionally the audio starts lagging. I have experienced the issue while watching videos on Youtube.

Here is a sample of what it sounds like when the audio lag is present: Audio sample (recorded with an external microphone).

The issue occurs periodically and randomly, and can sometimes be triggered by setting the default playback device from Vengeance Headphones to Speakers and back (Screenshot).

How I have tried to solve it:

• Connecting the wireless receiver to an USB 2 port
  • Re-pairing the device
  • Draining the device and fully recharging it
  • Updating headset drivers (Corsair USB Headset Ver. 3.0.0.9, Audio Driver Version: 7.0.1.55, DirectX 11)
  • Updating graphics card and CPU drivers
  • Switching Bypass and Equalizer on/off in Corsair Vengeance 2000 Headset Control Panel
  • Meddling in Windows Playback Devices

EDIT (SOLVED):

After updating Chrome browser and following ImmortalRevenge's fix (scroll down), the problem is solved!

Thank you for your fast response, RAM GUY :)

I forgot to mention that I had actually already run DPC Latency Checker. It's constantly green (below 500µs). Only when I switch the default playback device, it spikes (illustrated as yellow and red): Screenshot

I did, however, get a computer crash just now as I played around with sound settings and youtube. Since I've restarted the computer, I can't seem to reproduce the issue.

Darn it. The problem is still occuring randomly - but rarely.

If the audio lag is a hardware issue that's unrelated to the headset I am sorry to be using your time :O

Though, I have yet no clue what's the actual cause of the problem.

It's a long shot, but do you use Google chrome as your web browser?

I've recently switched to Google chrome, and they have an issue with the browser's built-in flash plugin that causes that exact sound problem.

The fix for this is to type "chrome://plugins" without the quotes into your address bar & hit enter, then click disable on the flash plugin. After that you need to download flash from this page:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Restart your browser after that, & the audio will no longer "lag" when playing flash videos.

If you don't use chrome though, I'm clueless.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
It's a long shot, but do you use Google chrome as your web browser? (...)

In matter of fact I do - that could very well be the issue :O

Thank you for the hint!

I'll test it as soon as I get back home at august 13!

• 2 weeks later...

After I updated Chrome and tried ImmortalRevenge's fix, the issue is gone! I haven't noticed the problem ever since and I can't reproduce it.

It's just weird that the problem only occured when playing youtube videos and using the Headset as Default Playback Device. When I used my desktop speakers in the very same environment, there was no problem at all.

But I guess the problem is fixed now! Thanks a lot :biggrin:

I still have to do the Default Playback Device switch-back-and-forth thing to get Windows to connect correctly to and play sound through the headset, but that's a minor issue.

Are there any kind of documentation or anything else you guys would like to know? Or is the case closed? :)

Archived