Corsair Community

H100i v2 RGB platinum fan full speed problem

pandava

Hey there!

I am kinda desparate because 1 of the H100i v2 ML 120 fans is going full speed 2700 rpm all the time... This is my first build and i cant figure out how to controll it. Other 3 fans working perfectly. I checked bios and coulndt do anything to stop it there ether. All cables are connected where they should be (I think).

Pump cables - SATA with split to CPU_FAN1, usb mini cable to usb2 mobo, and 2 fan cables with rgb connected aswell...

I was thinking that issue is with the CPU_FAN1 3 pin connector because on the motherboard its 4 pins and maybe thats overkill or something.

MoBo: MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC

CPU: i7 8700k

screen from IQUE:

https://imgur.com/a/gfUwsUs

screen from corsair LINK

https://imgur.com/a/cIYfNos

Looking farward for some fix :)

Normally, I would treat this like a bad fan/controller test, but with 4 people reporting the same issue in one day, I am concerned it is not hardware related and not as easily solved.

The normal next step would be to swap the two fan connectors on the H100i Plat. fans and see if the stuck fan switches to #2 or stays at one. I expect it to stay on #1 and that would implicate the controller or software, which isn't necessarily new information or helpful. Yet, the next thing I would recommend is to move the two H100i Plat. fans off the cooler's controller and onto your motherboard, so you might as well test it while you are moving them. This will put the fans back under BIOS control and you can set them to normal levels.

Incidentally, I don't see anything on your device list that requires Link. iCUE will supersede it and you could uninstall it, although it has absolutely nothing to do with this problem.

Thanks for the help!

So when I switched one of the pump fan to motherboard the #1 that was stuck stayed as usual and other one was like you said BIOS controlled one. And IQUE didnt see him anymore.

So after that I switched them again, this time IQUE doesnt see #1 anymore whitch now is bios controlled and #2 is still connected to pump and controlled through IQUE like a normal cpu fan... So the problem is kinda solved. At least temporarly. Could it be the connector defect?

Screen: https://imgur.com/a/OS5BoxJ

Sorry, that isn't exactly what I meant. On the H100i Plat. fan splitter, switch those two fan connections 1->2 and 2->1. Both fans will still be visible in iCUE. I don't think anything will change with iCUE keeping "Fan 1" locked at maximum and Fan 2 responds. However, this question will surely come up later and it would be better to have a ready answer.

After you have done that and noted whether the max speed fan stayed at 1 or went to 2, then I would move both fans back to the motherboard. You don't have fan control at the moment and 2000+ rpm is highly obnoxious. While not as ideal as a functional coolant temp based control, it is better than one fan at high speed that does nothing but make noise.

OK, that is what I was expecting. As suggested by another user, an alternate solution is to use a PWM splitter (4 + 3 pin) on the one working fan channel for both of your radiator fans. This would allow you to continue to use iCUE as intended and there is no reason to run your fans at different speeds, so no real down side.

This appears to be some kind of bug affecting the Platinum series. Which version of iCUE are you using? If 3.11, was that the first one you tried? Did this fan ever behave in the proper way?

Yes, you can only control 1 fan channel because that's all there is. The other one is empty. Both fans will run the same speed, whatever you tell it to do on Fan 2. There is nothing wrong with running this way, although obviously people will want to know why this has happened.

Since you have just started using iCUE, I don't think you should be the one to roll back and use 3.10, particularly since you haven't used it before - at least not until there is some evidence this is tied to v.3.11. I'll see what the other people affected say.

• 6 months later...

I want to say, I have the exact same problem. Corsair seems to be ignoring their customer, ignoring this issue.

I just bought the cooler this month (July 2019), installing it on a fresh z390 Aorus Master motherboard.

No solution found, no fix, product seems to be faulty.

Both fan DOES NOT run at the same speed. in iCue, only #2 fan would follow the profile, #1 fan will always run at 100% MAX speed despite you applying the same profile for both fans.

I want to say, I have the exact same problem. Corsair seems to be ignoring their customer, ignoring this issue.

No solution found, no fix, product seems to be faulty.

That is your conclusion after finding a single user with the same issue using a software version you have never seen from 7 months ago?

Try the troubleshooting steps above with swapping the fan on the Y-splitter and note whether the stuck fan moves or stays on the same channel. If you are looking for help, you need to be specific and detail what steps you have taken.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having exactly the same problem with my H100i Pro.

My Fan #1 channel sometimes decides to run in full RPM mode (1700+). Fan #2 runs at an expected value (~550). Swapping the fan connections over seems to fix the issue for a while, but the problem resets itself now and again, always on Fan #1 channel though even after being swapped. I then have to swap the connectors to 'reset' the problem.

ICue version 3.18.77. Device firmware 1.0.4

Edited by Swissola
spelling, details

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Today i have installed an H100i RGB Platinum and have the same issue.

I've tried to change the profiles, a custom curve but nothing happens. I can control only fan #2.

Any solution without lose the iCue managment?

Screen attached.

Thanks everyone

[uPDATE]

I've seen one pin of fan 1 connector are exited from connector. I fixed it and now the fan works well. I hope it can help.

silent.thumb.png.116f00fe33607e395100be657ceb44e3.png

Edited by Daorithos

• 1 month later...