Corsair Community

H100i - Worst NightMare EVER.

Ren3gade

Well I have been in the PC building area for years and years now. I have built multiples and multiples of computers, and I can say that I've never had as much trouble ever before until now with this H100i.

Where do I start?

I install it all correctly, plug in all the connectors including the USB connector to the MOBO. It fires up and the fans spin and keeps my 3770k cool but..Windows cannot recognize the device, and i try everything to get it to recognize and show up on Corsair Link2, won't work. It wont show up and says no H100i is connected.

So then, I go and purchase a USB cable to connect from the H100i directly to a USB 2.0 Port on the back or front of my PC. It is then able to detect it and install the drivers on windows, and I eventually get the H100i to show up on Link2. But then, the LED options don't work. So I fiddle around with Link2, trying to reinstall, restart my PC, move the USB cord to different USB Slots, update firmwares to the newest firmware, update to some older firmware, install some older versions of link2, move the color swatches, and nothing works.

Eventually with just fiddling with it for about 2 hours doing the same thing over and over, the LED changes! Just randomly! I get it to change to a few different colors which are very dull, and not bright at all. The red is almost white, so its like a light red or a pink almost, and all the other colors are very dim. Then all of a sudden the colors wont change again like it broke again?

So eventually I deleted all the software and revert it all and get it changed back to the white LED which is bright and works fine. But I really want to be able to change the color of the LED and control the fans more. But as of right now it looks like I can't.... Which is very frustrating seeing how I just built this new rig and this H100i is only like 3 days old.

What should I do?

Well now with version 2.3.4816 Link.. I can't update any firmwares. Says ERROR Loading Firmware with all different firmware versions.

So now I guess I will uninstall and redo CCleaner again, and install the new beta version and see if that fixes it..

Just did this.. Used the new beta version and 1.07 firmware. (Old firmwares wouldn't detect H100i)

Detected it after updating firmware, but it still wouldn't change the fan speeds or LED color.

I have the H100i, do I need commander or anything to make it function properly?

no...

the cooler might just be faulty but i wouldnt bet on anything yet but on what your saying it looks to be that way

Alright thanks, I'm guessing its faulty. Everything its done so far shows that.. so I will wait and see some more responses and if nothing works.. then I guess I will be doing an advanced RMA cuz I can't have any down time.

Alright thanks, I'm guessing its faulty. Everything its done so far shows that.. so I will wait and see some more responses and if nothing works.. then I guess I will be doing an advanced RMA cuz I can't have any down time.

yup sounds good

Archived