Corsair Community

CUE Feature Suggestions

1. As already suggested, allow linking a profile to multiple programs. However, also allow linking to entire multiple folders (for example, Games folder) which will initialize the profile on any program execution there, with an option to exclude files for the said folder. If another profile exists and links to a specific program in an already linked folder, it will take priority over the folder-linked profile and run instead.

2. Allow assignments for key combinations (for example, assign an action for Alt+1, etc).

3. Add an option to automatically turn off lighting when the display turns off/sleeps, and restore when it wakes up.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An SDK that lets programmers build color support into their apps. This is much more flexible than Lua and can be extended to support many languages. Razer just released their Chroma SDK which I tried out by porting my reverse engineered protocol based K70 RGB visualizer to. It was a cake walk to accomplish, as they provide a few .h header files and a few functions to set an RGB grid to the keyboard. Same idea as what we made for the K70 RGB with the reverse engineering method but a lot less work (at the expense of being rather slow to update and Windows-only). If Corsair does release an SDK it would be nice to be able to also interact with CUE (apply new effects as layers on top of already set effects, for instance). This is a big downside to Razer's SDK, it does not integrate with their software at all. I have a feeling game developers will be adding custom lighting to games soon for Razer users, but I doubt they will do the same with only a community-made reverse engineered SDK for Corsair. Wait around too long and Corsair could lose out on their upper hand in the RGB market.

I would like to see this sdk become a reality. link to your RGB SDK?

realtime updated(Keyboard) rgb sliders so you can easily and quickly find the perfect color

Yes James put a star by this idea. Guessing and checking with 512 colors is ok, trying that with 16.8 mill is stupid at best lol.

+1 This. Finding good colors for static color profiles is VERY tedious.

I don't know if this is implemented but i want an option to make the reactive typing only for a group . For example : If you select a group and give it a ripple effect , the light should come out of the key that you pressed not the middle of the group .

If this is a thing please tell me how to do it ..

Also .. if someone can tell me how did this guy make the B key do this without making the other keys do the same thing :

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=134204

1. Profile Settings -> Link profile to program - must be multiple programs selection, not only one program.

2. Settings for state Lock keys (Win, Num, etc.) - no change (default), ON, OFF. For example -

Office (default) profile: Windows key lock - OFF, Num lock - ON;

Game profile: Windows key lock - ON, Num lock - OFF;

I second number 1, It's just plain stupid to have multiples of the same profile for different programs that do the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this is implemented but i want an option to make the reactive typing only for a group . For example : If you select a group and give it a ripple effect , the light should come out of the key that you pressed not the middle of the group .

If this is a thing please tell me how to do it ..

Also .. if someone can tell me how did this guy make the B key do this without making the other keys do the same thing :

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=134204

When Corsair moves type lighting down to the mode level (it is currently at profile level) this should be feasible! I wish I could do that as well right now.

Better idea would be for CUE to have a auto clean function where it can delete any unused lighting or action. Then it could jsut list which lighting effects are used on the profile page

Not practical, if you have a "cool" effect you want to use in a profile and forget about it such function would remove it.

Not practical, if you have a "cool" effect you want to use in a profile and forget about it such function would remove it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a button that removes all unused effects. There'd have to be a nice "This will pemenantly remove all unused lighting effects. Are you sure you want to do this?" warning before it does it, though.

Snap to grid in cue when making profiles, and seperate 512 and 16million colour wheels

And on top of this, the ability to automatically space out tabs under lighting effects so the intervals for each marker are consistently the same.

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

I wanted to give an update. I'll probably be sitting down with the developers to discuss future enhancements. If you guys have any suggestions, now is the time to post here so I can pass it along. I will also make this a sticky for now.

Thanks!

Edited by Corsair James

In priority of what I think would be really cool to see in CUE:

-priority layer system similar to photoshop

-input number between 0 and 1 to precisely set color markers horizontally in the lighting editor

-input number between 0 and 100 to precisely set color markers vertically in the lighting editor

-set a delay before the lighting starts

-ability to light up other keys or groups of keys using another key or key group (pressing b will trigger lighting effects on w or wasd)

-allow "type lighting" to be assigned to a group: perhaps multiple "type lighting" assigned to multiple groups, but there could be overlap problems.

-allow "random color" to be used as a color assignment