Corsair Community

H100i pro now showing up in iCue

bokepacha

Hi all!

I've been googling and digging in this forum for days and I can't find a solution to my problem.

I have a ryzen 3900X that heats up at around 85-86 degrees ALWAYS when under load. It usually stays in the range of 40-50 degrees and goes down to 35's very limited seconds during the day.

Now, while the pump seems to be working, it does not pop up in either corsair link or iCue. I downloaded USBDeview and here something strange happens. In the beginning it was not even showing up, but after diconnecting it and reconnecting again, it shows up but offline all the time:

http://imgur.com/tD0waQ4

In device manager it does not even show up at all.

I removed the cable and connected an external USB cable to the back of the case. Then it showed up perfectly in iCue and I could check everything, but once I put it back to the original cable in the USB_Header (not the black one), it dissapeared again.

I checked the BIOS (it's all default at this moment) and USB legacy is active.

The pump is connected to the CPU_FAN and the fans are connected to the pump. As said, it all works and while I know Ryzen 2 works with higher temps, I can still not change anything as it's not showing up in the system.

What options do I have? I sent an email to support days ago and got no response after filling in all the info of the questionnaire.

TL:DR

Pump does not show up in iCue

Pump is connected to USB_Header correctly and CPU_FAN.

Pump works when connected to the USB at the back of the case.

Temps of 86 degrees while other people report 70 degrees on the same system and while the case has 3 extra fans pumping the heat out of the system.

Any suggestion before I try an RMA?

Edited by bokepacha

Hi all!

I've been googling and digging in this forum for days and I can't find a solution to my problem.

I have a ryzen 3900X that heats up at around 85-86 degrees ALWAYS when under load. It usually stays in the range of 40-50 degrees and goes down to 35's very limited seconds during the day.

Now, while the pump seems to be working, it does not pop up in either corsair link or iCue. I downloaded USBDeview and here something strange happens. In the beginning it was not even showing up, but after diconnecting it and reconnecting again, it shows up but offline all the time:

http://imgur.com/tD0waQ4

In device manager it does not even show up at all.

I removed the cable and connected an external USB cable to the back of the case. Then it showed up perfectly in iCue and I could check everything, but once I put it back to the original cable in the USB_Header (not the black one), it dissapeared again.

I checked the BIOS (it's all default at this moment) and USB legacy is active.

The pump is connected to the CPU_FAN and the fans are connected to the pump. As said, it all works and while I know Ryzen 2 works with higher temps, I can still not change anything as it's not showing up in the system.

What options do I have? I sent an email to support days ago and got no response after filling in all the info of the questionnaire.

TL:DR

Pump does not show up in iCue

Pump is connected to USB_Header correctly and CPU_FAN.

Pump works when connected to the USB at the back of the case.

Temps of 86 degrees while other people report 70 degrees on the same system and while the case has 3 extra fans pumping the heat out of the system.

Any suggestion before I try an RMA?

If you have multiple USB2 headers try a different header.

I'm not sure if it matters or not but some boards have specific CPU/WP connectors. In my case I had to connect my water pump to "CPU_FAN2/WP".

Then in BIOS/UEFI there was a setting to change the mode from fan to water pump and set the default speed.

If you have multiple USB2 headers try a different header.

I'm not sure if it matters or not but some boards have specific CPU/WP connectors. In my case I had to connect my water pump to "CPU_FAN2/WP".

Then in BIOS/UEFI there was a setting to change the mode from fan to water pump and set the default speed.

Thanks for the reply! :)

As far as I know (and the times I checked in the MOBO manual) there are only 2 USB_Header, a regular one and the black one (that supposedly gives more than 12V, as I have read in the forum). I will take a look at the other options you comment, but feels strange as what the manual says and the mobo shows is basically the same.

Let's see :)