Corsair Community

Holding mouse macro problem

I have bought a corsair vengeance M95 recently and I love the mouse, everything worked perfectly except for one thing, that is the "hold macro button" recording.

This is what the buttons mean (Copied from an other thread where a mod posted this).

---

►1 = Press the macro button once and every command is instantly triggered one time in the recorded order, each time you press the button.

►n = Defines how many times your macro is triggered each time you press the macro button. Configure your “n” value in the “Define N:” box.

►►►► = Holding the macro button down, forces the macro to repeat until the button is released.

►/■ = When you press the macro button your macro will play and repeat until you press the macro button once more to make it stop.

Fixed Macro Delay Time: This allows you to set the delay time that your macro will wait before it repeats itself when triggered in succession.

---

I need to be able to hold a button down and then I need it to work until I release it, this does not work and my settings are -as far as I know- completely correct.

(Arrow down) LSHIFT

(Clock) 0.050 seconds delay

(arrow up) LSHIFT

Also the box with ►►►► is selected and fixed macro delay time is 0 ms, but when I hold the button it keeps being pressed even when I release the button. Does anybody know how to do this? Or does anyone know what I have done wrong?

(Latest software and firmware is installed)

You'll need to increase the delay time (between the ****) so it will hold shift until you release the button or the delays run out.

Right click the delay>Edit>put in a high number.

e.g.

(Down) LSHIST

38.527 seconds delay

Z(Up) LSHIFT

Next, Assign the profile to an L.E.D. and save it to the M95, Then tick hardware playback mode and test the button.

• 10 months later...
You'll need to increase the delay time (between the ****) so it will hold shift until you release the button or the delays run out.

Right click the delay>Edit>put in a high number.

e.g.

(Down) LSHIST

38.527 seconds delay

Z(Up) LSHIFT

Next, Assign the profile to an L.E.D. and save it to the M95, Then tick hardware playback mode and test the button.

It doesn't seem to work for me.

For me this macro

(Down) LShift
5.000 seconds delay
(Up) LShift

just keeps shift pressed for 5 seconds.

Is there a way to make it release it the moment i let go of the key?

Use a longer delay and choose the fourth playback option (>>>>), then save the profile to the mouse and enable hardware playback.

Does this help?

May be I'm just missing something but it doesn't seem to work the way i want.

What I do:

I assign keyboard button "r" to mouse button 14. I edit delay 15 seconds. I select 4th delay option (start-stop one)

What want to get:

I press and hold button 14 and I want my pc to treat it as if I press and hold "r".

What I get:

Seems like my driver doesn't care for mouse button release event, and my macro repeats itself until I press the button again. Pc sees it as an endless cycle of 15 second button presses, button being released inbetween.

PS Seems like hardmacro utility is the next thing for me to try then.

edit: I finally got it! I think it's not possible to do with default macro recording, but it can be done by going button options - basic - keystroke.

Archived