Corsair Community

How to set up H150i Pro Stock fans (3) + 6 HD120 Fans + Commander Pro?

jacksonle402

Hi all,

I am totally brand new here and I am building my first ever PC soon this week when all the parts arrive. Therefore, I would really like to get help from the experts and be prepared!

I will be running a total of 9 fans in my Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic. 3 of which are the stock fans from the H150i Pro and 6 HD120 RGB Corsair fans. I knew I have to purchase the Commander Pro to make this work.

How would I be able to set this up correctly? I also will be running the Z390E motherboard. Are there diagrams I could prefer to? Please help! :(

Yes. The fans with the H150 won't be RGB. The HD120 fans will come with a fan hub. Connect the fan hub to the Commander Pro and you'll be good.

Check out the RGB FAQ linked in my signature. :)

Thank you! So for the stock non RGB fan control, i plug them into the motherboard right?

No, the H150i will have an internal fan controller to take of the three radiator fans -- the included ML120-Quiet (non-RGB) or any other 4 pin PWM fan. Those will be controllable via software under the H150i tab in iCUE.

All the others go on Commander Pro which will be a separate device within the software. There you can create curves for each or all of the fans.

Nothing will be on the motherboard, except the H150i lead connector to CPU Fan to prevent the boot error. It also reports a pump speed to the BIOS, but you will see that in iCUE and it is not necessary aside from the above.