The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634353
robandcathy Reputation: 10
Default 3 months since last update

What is going on? 40 hours a week and months before updates to hopefully correct issues? Seriously is this how corsair does customer service! Its' a fan seems like a complete operating system could be written to support 1000's of devices faster. When will this end? Either refund everyone their money and scrap the program or fix it quick! This is a nuclear train wreck at best. I wouldn't say anything if this lasted a few months but it's been a year and a half in the works, with promises to fix things. Things get smoothed over with a update soon but that update takes months. Will be addressed next update which is almost non existent. Im done with corsair and will RMA my unit once I post this

Old 02-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Sguma70's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634406
Sguma70 Reputation: 10
Thumbs down

you have all the reasons and 'a shame, from this moment do not buy' never again 'corsair products, waste money and do not come supported, that sucks I did not think that a company so' had the developers not able to do their job

Last edited by Sguma70; 02-16-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:16 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634408
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

overall aside of a couple bugs that really doesnt affect performance,this is the best product on the market.you guys should be patient as corsair will come around and fix things....

Old 02-16-2013, 08:35 PM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634409
MykaAurora Reputation: 10

Wytnyt, are you a fan of corsair or their staff?

My Previous Rig

Old 02-16-2013, 08:52 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634410
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykaAurora View Post
Wytnyt, are you a fan of corsair or their staff?
no,their products

Old 02-16-2013, 08:59 PM
MykaAurora's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634411
MykaAurora Reputation: 10

Okay. Corsair really need to step up with the link updates. Even ASUS GPU Tweak has been given an update, a product which everyone really hate. Luckily, GPU Tweak can have a replacement, which is MSI Afterburner.

But!, this corsair Link don't have any other software for it, and we really depend on the software. That is why we need updates for better utilize of their products.

My Previous Rig

Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634415

they do need to produce an update but people need to be patient and less abusive and try to understand it takes time to get everything worked out.they put out a couple fixes that compounded problems so im sure they want to try their best to get it working properly this time

Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 AM

POST ID # = 634448
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

They do update the software but they don't release it until they are happy with it. You wouldn't want a software update that breaks a feature or one that won't work.

Problems/Issues may occur unexpectedly which can cause delays to the expected release date, e.g. the software doesn't read the CPU temp on certain motherboards, no devices are detected, a driver may conflict with the functions of the software, etc.

While it does seem quiet around the Link devices/software, there is something being done to resolve it.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:30 AM

POST ID # = 634506
Davidloudfoot Reputation: 10

I was going to but this then I read about all the problems.....will keep my cash until they fix it.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:00 AM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidloudfoot View Post
I was going to but this then I read about all the problems.....will keep my cash until they fix it.
these arent widespread issues,this is a board designed to help those that do encounter problems,so thats what youll see here.i have 2 of these with no problems

Old 02-17-2013, 01:43 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634539

wytnt as memory serves you are using a much older version of the software, as for being patient is a year and a half not patient enough? We see people post daily about problems so it does in fact affect many users. 3 to 6 months between updates is a very long time seeing that they have people on payroll to fix the code, it's not like this is open source and people fix it as they have time. This is a major company not some startup mom and pop shop. 99% of issues should have been squashed a year ago, their marketing should have stated which fans and configs this would work with. The product should have been tested better before sold to the public. Simple things as a setup manual or ease of upgrading. This should not be a standard. With 11,500 visitors a month to the web site.. http://visitorsworth.com/www.corsair.com and a company who made 16.7 million (profit last year) I would tend to expect they can hire one or two techs temp to fix the issues quickly. http://www.streetinsider.com/ipo_lookup.php?id=477
So now tell me if im in the wrong for wanting the software fixed and after a 1 1/5 years of waiting, I want it now. I wonder how much of the profit is from link sales I personally will not support corsair products anymore even though there customer service is excellent but whats the point of customer service if the product does not work as marketed.
Fyi I like your sig wish I could follow that advice.

Last edited by robandcathy; 02-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:04 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634545

i use the older s/w by choice,i didnt prefer the newer version,not that it didnt work but it was just a matter of preference.

you could follow my sig if wanted but you choose not to
its understandable to be disgruntled with this but addressing it constantly does no good at all and wont produce results any sooner
corsair i feel will make things right when their able to.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634618

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
i use the older s/w by choice,i didnt prefer the newer version,not that it didnt work but it was just a matter of preference.

you could follow my sig if wanted but you choose not to
its understandable to be disgruntled with this but addressing it constantly does no good at all and wont produce results any sooner
corsair i feel will make things right when their able to.
Actually addressing this gets more people on board and may eventually get higher up's to finally do something. Being with a product for a year and a half with out the function really bothers me. I go to work to make a living and choose wisely how to spend my money to get ahead of the rat race. I understand trying to protect a company but someone that false advertises is not worth protecting especially if they are still currently doing it.....eg. fan control which is a broad statement, because if fact it does not control fans, only fans that meet the link standards which they do not disclose. so that within it self is a lie and for them to continue to market it that way is a shame at best. For corsair to drag a fix out this long is even worse!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634722
Default case #5604984

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandcathy View Post
Actually addressing this gets more people on board and may eventually get higher up's to finally do something. Being with a product for a year and a half with out the function really bothers me. I go to work to make a living and choose wisely how to spend my money to get ahead of the rat race. I understand trying to protect a company but someone that false advertises is not worth protecting especially if they are still currently doing it.....eg. fan control which is a broad statement, because if fact it does not control fans, only fans that meet the link standards which they do not disclose. so that within it self is a lie and for them to continue to market it that way is a shame at best. For corsair to drag a fix out this long is even worse!
you work?
oh,my baad
i woulda thought you would be still in school since personal vendettas are usually a kids game.i guess theres exceptions to every rule.
i appreciate the attention your showering me with,it helps to get my good opinion of corsair products more noticed
thank you

Old 02-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Support Assistant
peanutz94's PC Specs

POST ID # = 634732
peanutz94 Reputation: 84

And it's these types of comments that get you into so may flame wars wytnyt...and that just not helping anyone.