The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Vexento24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1058949
Vexento24 Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexento24 View Post
There is something I want to comment on that seems very important to me.

I replaced the Corsair M65 Elite 5 times for the same reason: problems with the left button in the second or third month, but this is not the only problem; You will know that although the wheel is functional when we slide it from bottom to top it makes a horrible noise and the sensation is not the same as when we slide it down. This device definitely has manufacturing issues ... now, all the M65 Elite I tested were made in China.

I just received an M65 Elite for the sixth time (yes, 6 times) and to my surprise, the packaging of this device was a little bit smaller and the interior design too. My attention was called more when I saw that this was the only M65 Elite to which the wheel made a smooth journey both up and down (without strange noises) ... until I saw that it was not assembled in China, but in Taiwan.

Not only that, but also, although slightly, the construction was more solid and both buttons (left and right) were firmer to the touch.

This surprised me and I was not expecting it. My hopes are almost lost, since it is a beautiful and comfortable mouse but with a deplorable quality ... but this model made in Taiwan that came to me gave me hope that it will not have problems with the switches ... I do not know, the Time will tell, but there will be an unknown about it.

We all know that China is synonymous with poor quality ... I'll leave you some photos about it. Ah yes, I bought a Corsair Glaive (old version, not the Pro, to replace the M65 Elite in case the problem returns).

Tell me, are your M65 Elite Chinese or have you had problems with assemblies in Taiwan too?

Regards.

https://ibb.co/5vrXXKj

https://ibb.co/3cJshg7

https://ibb.co/LPvYYnQ

Guys, so far it's only been 2 months since I commented that I have received an M65 Elite RGB assembled in Taiwan (it is the first one I have assembled in there; the other 5 I had and had left button issues were assembled in China). So far my M65 Elite from Taiwan works correctly and in these 2 months the use has been really intensive ... I did it on purpose to see if the problem occurred before.

It is still a short time, but I am hopeful that the Taiwanese model has corrected the problem. Clicks are 100% registered. I will be reporting any news.

Old 08-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Ethere's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1059042
Ethere Reputation: 10

Quote:
Guys, so far it's only been 2 months since I commented that I have received an M65 Elite RGB assembled in Taiwan (it is the first one I have assembled in there; the other 5 I had and had left button issues were assembled in China). So far my M65 Elite from Taiwan works correctly and in these 2 months the use has been really intensive ... I did it on purpose to see if the problem occurred before.

It is still a short time, but I am hopeful that the Taiwanese model has corrected the problem. Clicks are 100% registered. I will be reporting any news.

Any way to tell where your current mouse is built? I don't have the box anymore. I had to stop using my M65 RGB Elite all together because of the problem. I'm currently using my Cooler Master CM310 I got a while ago for 12 dollars that has better click rates than this mouse does. I'm currently waiting on responses from my RMA request to see if I can get a replacement.

Old 09-01-2020, 11:23 AM
Vexento24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1059387
Vexento24 Reputation: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
Any way to tell where your current mouse is built? I don't have the box anymore. I had to stop using my M65 RGB Elite all together because of the problem. I'm currently using my Cooler Master CM310 I got a while ago for 12 dollars that has better click rates than this mouse does. I'm currently waiting on responses from my RMA request to see if I can get a replacement.
On the cable label.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Orso-Wolf's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1060230
Orso-Wolf Reputation: 10

Quote:
On the cable label.

Ah that sucks....my replacement was made in China! Luckily the issue has not occurred with the new unit but I'm not holding my breath!

Old 09-11-2020, 04:57 AM

POST ID # = 1060844
hellboiz Reputation: 10

I'm having a left click issue and after updating the mouse firmware, it gave me more issue. Now im having left click issue and double clicking issue. Anyone experiencing the same?

Old 09-12-2020, 01:40 PM

POST ID # = 1061102
nazoink Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboiz View Post
I'm having a left click issue and after updating the mouse firmware, it gave me more issue. Now im having left click issue and double clicking issue. Anyone experiencing the same?
Same thing here, for me all issues just started after the latest update (Mouse was only purchased in June)

Old 09-15-2020, 06:10 PM

POST ID # = 1061492
spendotter Reputation: 10

Hello Everyone. Just posting here to say "Me too x3"
I bought Three Corsair RGB Elite mice, for home, work and laptop.
One failed first - same issue noted by others. Intermittent regular failure to register a left click. Right click works fine. so I ran through testing on different machines, resetting the firmware and reinstalling the drivers. Nothing worked. Got an RMA, paid for shipping, and they tell me a replacement is on the way.
Now the second and third mice have started having the same issue on different machines.

Old 09-18-2020, 12:25 PM
Ethere's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061851

Just got my replacement, and it is made in Taiwan. Here's to hoping I don't have to go through that again.

Old 09-19-2020, 08:24 PM
sassycat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1062014
sassycat Reputation: 10

Made an account just to chime in, same issue with my Elite.

Thought it was my PC acting up at first. Really disappointed, my Sabre's wheel broke but was out of warranty, so I replaced it with this since I was happy with my other Corsair products but now I see there are so many mouse issues.

Mine was also made in China. The place I bought it is out of stock as well.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:25 PM
Ethere's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1064397

The Taiwan replacement is also exhibiting the exact same double, triple clicks that the old one was doing. I guess it's back to Corsair, again.

Old 10-13-2020, 07:09 AM
Rufinoman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1065101
Rufinoman Reputation: 10

I mentioned in the other M65 Elite thread that mine seemed to have improved, but that's not the case as I still have to click two or three times for left click to register.
I've now submitted an RMA and am waiting for the response.

Old 10-14-2020, 07:03 AM
nimraynn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1065272
nimraynn Reputation: 10

I originally posted in another thread that I came across from Google that seemed recently active, but it looks like this thread is more active so thought best to post here.

I am experiencing the same issues with my M65 Elite. I purchased it from Amazon UK on 12/08, it's now 14/10 so we're talking as near as makes no difference two months old. The problem has existed for at least a week, if not two, now so we're talking a month and a half to develop the fault. That's horrendous.

I agree that it's a hardware problem. For my particular setup, I have my personal gaming PC running Windows 10 & iCUE along with my Lenovo work laptop that is running Windows 10 without iCUE. Corporate policy means I cannot, nor do I have any desire to, install iCUE on this machine. I have no need for customisations on my work laptop as I'm just using it as a basic mouse here.

The fault exists on *both* machines, so I think that can rule out iCUE causing any problems and potentially any driver issues. Also should cut out any OS issues being two different machines. Both running Windows 10, but different versions. Work machine is on 1809. Personal machine is on whatever the latest and greatest is. 20H2? 2009? Something like that.

A great post by SteemSucker about how to replace the microswitches. It sounds like this is spot on the money for where the problem lies. Unfortunately I don't have enough faith in my soldering skills to even consider giving this a try... but also on principal, why should I have to do this? I've already paid good money for the mouse in the first place, it would be nice if it worked in the first place. It seems this is a known and fairly well documented issue, yet there doesn't appear to be any official acknowledgement from Corsair.

Also interesting to see from Vexento24 regarding the China vs. Taiwan manufacturing differences. I have checked the label on mine and it is a made in China model.

I'm currently considering which option I want to take... send an RMA through and get another device sent through which will inevitably have the same defect as it seems they all do.... or request a refund from Amazon UK and use that money to purchase a similar mouse from a different brand.

I like the design and general feel of this mouse so I'm a little reluctant to return it and purhcase a different brand, but I don't know if I have much choice if I'm going to end up RMA'ing the device every 2-3 months.

Edit And a new, really useful feature just happened... It just locked up completely. RGB lights still happily flickering away, but no responsiveness at all. Disconnect and reconnected fixed it, but I seem to remember reading another poor customer in this thread who had the same experience. Hopefully this is less common than the left click issue.....

Last edited by nimraynn; 10-14-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Old 10-14-2020, 11:51 AM
Mineria's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1065295
Mineria Reputation: 10

Went for a completely different solution for the issue.

Old 10-20-2020, 10:35 AM
jamie1073's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1066157
jamie1073 Reputation: 10

So I already got one replaced and when I did I bought another to hold me over while waiting for that one to RMA. So now the replacement one is doing the whole no left click unless you press it 2 or 3 times thing. So I am now using the one they sent me as the replacement. The new one only lasted 6 months, the very first one lasted almost a year. Why do they suck so bad? Sadly I rarely even game so it could not be to over clicking, even though it is a gaming mouse. Any suggestions on a replacement? Are there Corsair mice that last longer and have fewer problems that this one?

Old 10-23-2020, 01:39 AM

POST ID # = 1066556
hellboiz Reputation: 10

Just an update, i got my replacement around 1 month ago, it was okay for awhile till 2 days ago and it started acting up again. Contacted customer service, did the necessary action provided by the agent but still doesnt get resolve.