Corsair Community

Did Corsair kill off the AXi line of PSUs?

terroralpha

Hello,

I've been looking into buying AX760i but I can't seem to find any in stock anywhere, aside from ebay and amazon market place of course. it looks like stock of ALL wattage ratings of this PSU line have vanished, save for the AX1500i which is a complete overkill for me. i assuming that the only reason the AX1500i are still in stock is because only the craziest individuals shell out $400+ for a PSU.

in the end I picked up an HX750i (on sale for $80) and I think i'll be OK with that.

any ideas?

In my country, there are plenty of AX760i, AX860i, and AX1500i in stock, in plenty of shops [slovakia], but yes, they're definitely being slowly, but surely cut off. They don't have equal output quality-wise, but they were succeeded by HXi and RMi, other components-wise.

My heart aches for Ax760i/860i or 1500i. Had plenty of them in last few weeks, but since they're all made by Plextronics, they all suffer from the same fault - either coil whine, or conductor hiss. I believe there's not a single silent AXi PSU out there, it's just the tolerance, or ignorance of it's owners, that they don't care about this electric audio noise.

If I may, I suggest You RMi Power Supply Units. They are divine in all ways, and super silent. I already purchased two dozens of these PSUs for me, and my clients, and I'm very happy with their performance, both audio, and electric.

Archived