Corsair Community

Vengeance 2000 - Software not detecting the headset

Provenzza

I've recently bought the Vengeance 2000 for my G74sx, Until yesterday I was satisfied with it (Everything was working as intended)

But since yesterday the Corsair Drivers for it ceased to function, I tried to reinstall it completly, the Windows generic drivers are functionning, but the headset software don't detect the USB wireless adapter on install, and the Driver installation seem to uninstall or disable generic drivers installation. The sole difference I can see since yesterday is the installation of Nvidia drivers 304.48 ( I intalled them due to a problem on previous drivers installation, the 29X drivers were buggy on this model.)

(The last installation trial was made on a UAC-disabled Admin Account, the headset is functionning as intended on generic drivers)

Forget my post, i found out what was the problem : I changed the authorization level for the Corsair program to enable all options, it fixed the bug.

It seems that an low level of authorization on the driver don't allow it to fonction. ( I still don't understant why the authorizations were lowered by the OS, since i didn't do it).

Archived