Corsair Community

Sp220 High pitched noise

B-Sal

I just got my SP2200 from my parents for Holidays and whenever they're on they make this high pitched noise. Even when playing music I can hear it. It doesn't make a difference by turning the volume or bass knobs and I've checked all the connections. It's been happening since I first tried them with my mp3 player and now with my computer. It seems to be a problem with the speakers themselves. All the connections are OK and neither of my parents can hear it unless they are very close to it. My brother can hear it though. It's really annoying so hopefully this can get resolved. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

• Corsair Employee

Please test the speaker system on another system if you can. This will rule out any feedback from the audio jack.

Double check the 13PIN DIM connections for obstructions and that it is securely plugged in.

If the issue still remains please use the RMA request link on the left hand side of the page.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you decide to RMA or did you find a way to solve the problem?

I have the exact same issue. I got the speakers yesterday. It makes a constant high pitched noise when powered on. It doesn't matter whether it's connected to the PC or not. The volume level doesn't matter either. Re-connected the cables countless times. Blew the dust out of the 13-pin port. Tried connecting to a different outlet away from other elecs, thinking it may be an EMI issue. Nothing helps.

As a side note, your parents can't hear it very well because older people have a limited range of frequency they can hear. I can hear it from 3m away.

I'm 'RMAing' to the store I bought.

• 5 months later...

My SP2200 speakers also make a high pitched noise when I turn them on. Even if it is not connected to a system.

I already did a RMA. But my new set had the same problem.

I am seeing on the internet that a lot of people have the same problem with the SP2200. Are almost all broken?!!

I don't want to pay return shipping again, just to get another broken set!

In all honesty, it sounds like your power supply for the unit is making the high pitched noise. Can you listen directly next to the power brick?

This may save you money if you can just RMA the brick and not the whole speaker set.

Also, certain brands of bricks will 'burn in' and over time, the high pitched noise will go away. How long have you had the SP2200 set?

Yeah, I am also hearing a high pitched noise coming from the power brick.

But it is much less loud. I can only hear it if I put my ear almost against it.

Can that cause the high pitched noise I am hearing through my left and right speaker?

Archived