Corsair Community

CUE 2.24.35 causing some problems with the K95 Platinum...

JohnX125

Today I updated CUE to version 2.24.35 and everything was fine until I noticed none of my macros were working. I restarted CUE and they worked again but after a while they stopped working again. So after some troubleshooting I found out that the macros stop working everytime I use the volume wheel. I mean like after using the volume wheel. I really hope they fix this glitch soon because it's extremly irritating having to restart CUE after everytime I use the volume wheel!!:mad: Like what the heck Corsair?:confused:

Yes, the download page is a mess and they have removed all the old versions for unexplained reasons. We need an archive for prior versions.

If you google up CUE 2.23, you should find some other hosting sites (like Tech Spot) that have the prior version.

• Corsair Employee
Ok I'll try that... thank you guys for helping!! :D:

We're aware of an issue that has appeared in a recent build of CUE that can result in macros and other actions being broken. Here's a build that should resolve this for anyone effected: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wxvd9t3dlhyvkr/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.24.48_release.msi?dl=0

This is to be considered a beta build since it hasn't gone through our usual validation process.

We're aware of an issue that has appeared in a recent build of CUE that can result in macros and other actions being broken. Here's a build that should resolve this for anyone effected: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9wxvd9t3dlhyvkr/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.24.48_release.msi?dl=0

This is to be considered a beta build since it hasn't gone through our usual validation process.

Should I uninstall the current version of CUE before installing this one?

It should uninstall the old and install the new on its own since it is a later version. However, if you are having issues, it often is a good idea to manually uninstall first, reboot (usually), and then install the new program. If you have a lot of created profiles, you should also export them to a safe storage spot or simply make a copy of your C:/Users/(name)/AppData/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder. This contains all the saved settings for your current CUE install and can be dropped back in the same spot in the event of a total disaster.

It should uninstall the old and install the new on it's own since it is a later version. However, if you are having issues, it often is a good idea to manually uninstall first, reboot (usually), and then install the new program. If you have a lot of created profiles, you should also export them to a safe storage spot or simply make a copy of your C:/Users/(name)/AppData/Roaming/Corsair/CUE folder. This contains all the saved settings for your current CUE install and can be dropped back in the same spot in the event of a total disaster.

Ok I'll try installing it and I'll let you know if it fixes sit or not.

Ok I'll try installing it and I'll let you know if it fixes sit or not.

So did it work John?

Volume key roller seems to be the issue on my K70. As long as I don't change volume with it everything is fine. I may go back to an older version.

Archived