Corsair Community

New Build: What CPU AIO for 4000x + Vengeance RAM?

tiltos

Hi all,

I'm making a fresh build with a few Corsair products including the new 4000x RGB and some Vengeance RGB Pro RAM. However I'm unsure about the CPU Cooler to get, and more importantly, what size. Half my parts have arrived and half are still pending. The Case arrives in a couple of days, and I already have the RAM.

For the CPU Cooler, I'm either going to get the new Corsair Elite Capellix H100i/H115i, or the Kraken X53/63.

Does anyone have any experience with the new 4000x cases? I was going to get a 280mm AIO unit, but this Vengeance ram looks pretty tall, so not sure if it will fit? Any ideas? My preference would be for the 280 for cooling, but don't want to commit if it doesn't fit.

The case specs say that if you have tall RAM, go for a 240mm unit, however looking at the pics it's the depth of the units that seem to be a determining factor, and both models (in the case of the Elite) are the same.

I think people are only just getting their hands on the new Corsair AIO, but would be great to hear people's thoughts on that vs the Kraken as well.

Edited by Technobeard
removed system specs; already in profile

• 2 months later...

Well after building computers for many years I finally dragged myself into the modern age using a case actually designed with cable management in mind and the well thought out. But...My AIO cooler is bumping into the Vengeance RAM modules. Thinking I need to go smaller AIO or whip out the dremel tool on the fan housing. LOL but if you are still looking for fit and function advise with your setup I have first hand experience the placement of the RAM on the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-E combined with the height of the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro CMW16GX4M2D3000C16 RAM does not allow for proper clearance for the AIO (CORSAIR iCUE H115i ELITE CAPELLIX CW-9060047-WW) to fit.

I think if it runs with one fan I will build it that way for a bit and think about ordering the smaller AIO iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX.

My 2 cents.

Have a good one.