Corsair Community

Obsidian 500D RGB question.

snpri3

Hi folks, so i just purchased an Obsidian 500D RGB second hand from local listing and its in excellent shape not a scratch, but i just noticed after a while that it does not have the Commander Pro module but only the little RGB HUB thats connected to the fans..

i figured that i need the commander pro to get the lights working right? because i got the little hub plugged into SATA power and to the fans, and the fans to the motherboard system fan but i only see like the middle fan having some really dim power on only one section of the rim of then fan.

question being, do i need the commander pro module to see the lights properly or should even the little hub be enough to get power to the lights, im not sure if i might have gotten fans that spin but have faulty LED's

any and all help is much appreciated, thanks in advance. :D:

hi buddy.. welcome aboard.. have a read of the below link, should cover what you need to know and any further steps you need to take to achieve RGB enlightenment lol

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

in short... you need either the Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro.. i recommend the 'CoPro' as it also gives you control of Fan speeds as well as extra usb headers and thermal probe connections.

good luck on your quest dude

hi buddy.. welcome aboard.. have a read of the below link, should cover what you need to know and any further steps you need to take to achieve RGB enlightenment lol

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

in short... you need either the Commander Pro or a Lighting Node Pro.. i recommend the 'CoPro' as it also gives you control of Fan speeds as well as extra usb headers and thermal probe connections.

good luck on your quest dude

Hey thanks got the help Zotty, I was looking to get the commander pro but it's $100 Canadian not that cheap as much as I'd love the fan control, maybe I'll just go for the lighting node pro for now until I have enough for the commander pro.

Cheers.

OK so I got another question, is it supposed to look like this if I just have the hub plugged into power and fans into the hub, like I'm only getting dim light on the middle fan, should I not be receiving power on the other 2 as well? Or is this where the commander pro supplies the led power?

https://ibb.co/yXBJ9N6. <<< what I see now on the case

I just don't don't wanna buy the commander pro end it ends up the fans having faulty LED's

the fan that is lit.. which port is it plugged into on the hub?.. either way is hard to to without software options to check config etc...

The fan that is light is slotted into port number 2 on the hub and the wire is labeled #2 on the plug end of that wire, so I tried plugging in a diffrent fan into that same slot and nothing it seems like only the cable labelled works with that dim light through out all the ports.

Which kind of makes me think that the other 2 fans are dead LED's... Like they all spin no problem but if the middle fan have a dim light and I plug in the top fan in the same port should it not also have the light considering this is the hub issue.

Not sure if I should buy new fans, or commander pro first, or new hub.

Right now my fans are connected 1-3 sys_fans on the mobo for power, maybe if someone has 500d rgb case can try same setup as I have going without the commander pro and see if it's same results. I just wanna know which to buy first either the fans or commander pro module.

its hard to really know without the software connection dude.. we can't be certain what the fan think its doing until we can tell it to do something and it decides it doesnt want to lol...

you are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place lol...

my advice? get the copro and work from the.. if you wants RGBz the the Commander Pro is the place to start imho...

its hard to really know without the software connection dude.. we can't be certain what the fan think its doing until we can tell it to do something and it decides it doesnt want to lol...

you are kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place lol...

my advice? get the copro and work from the.. if you wants RGBz the the Commander Pro is the place to start imho...

Yeah I feel ya on that, I mean that's what I figured. The way I saw it from the start was...

I know I gotta buy the commander pro regardless, that's a given, if that fixes the lighting on the fans then hail marry and it's golden, if not them i have the commander pro which I will need anyways and now just buy new fans from Corsair. Then I can use current ones and mount them on the top inside or use them as spares as they work perfectly fine as in terms of spinning lol. I will save up for the commander pro module which I obviosly need anyways and go from there and post here with results.

Tbh I'm happy to have this beautiful case, one of a kind when it comes to the tempered glass sides vs all other manufacturers and at least the fans work minus the lights. I always wanted a case as beautiful as this!! Thanks for the help and I'll keep you posted as it comes,

Cheers,

Snpri3.

You guys truly did a beautiful job on this case, straight up masterpiece! I mean the glass back side and the way the aluminum handles were mounted on the sides of the doors is art!

I agree!. its the same on my 1000d.. love my doors!