Corsair Community

Why the Fuss Over the Rebrand?

Dante12590

Hey guys I've seen a ton of rage over this rebrand and honestly I'm a little mystified as to why. Does the label really make that much of a difference to a person? Last I checked we as builders and gamers aim to purchase quality not necessarily aesthetics. Granted looks are important considering it's what's sitting in your tower or on your desk but I've seen people go over the edge claiming the product is "ruined" because they dislike the new logo. Maybe I'm insane (okay I am) but hey the logo isn't the most amazing thing but it's not so off-putting that I can't stand it. Am I the only one here who thinks this way?

no you aren't alone,,,,by far

Ive seen some things from users and its made like the world is gonna end but imop,I just say huh?

Ive seen alot but one that stands out was a user had a 1/2 scratch on a case where the m/b mounted ,,bad mouthing QC and much more but once the m/b was installed it was hidden but he still exchanged it.

Personally I think it's a big deal. Mainly because this is a product aimed at adding new custom aesthetics on their already grounded models. It's also an even bigger disappointment because it has been one the most hyped up keyboard/mouse products pretty much ever and then this came as a sudden surprise. As a builder who spends at least 50% of my awake life at or around my PC, aesthetics are fairly important. I feel that I, and I'm sure many others, always have to make a compromise between quality and what I can tolerate looking at for the next couple years.

In this case, they took a professional sleek logo and made it look very childish and cheap. And the yellow 'GAMING' tag is exactly subtle or inclined to match many users setup. I have to say, for the amount of time I waited and kept up with news on this product, my heart sank when I saw the change. The keyboard isn't as bad since you can probably cover it up easily but the mouse is awful. There's many things that it looks like and can be compared to, and none of which are exactly something I want on my components.

The biggest factor now is price. Before I didn't really care and would've thrown any amount of money at my screen. With the change, not so much. I may still get the keyboard now if it goes on sale but I have already been looking into other options for the mouse. For the cost of these products, the item needs not only a standard of quality, but also has to look good, especially when there are quite a few RGB mice with similar specs and price range.

In all honesty, if you had the choice of the old or new logo to be branded on your gear, would you willingly choose the new one?

PS: I'm not trying to bash the company as I own and stand by many of their products. (which makes it even more disappointing)

Hmmm... I see everyone's point but to be fair look at history. Yes I'm a nerd so bear with me here. A corsair is in essence a privateer and or pirate. The logo looks akin to a mark you would see on a seafarer or for a moment I thought it was two free form swords designed in the emblem. Yes I do agree the yellow in the "gaming" part of the label could have been skipped and no one would have missed it. I understand being around your PC all the time I custom built mine and I work for a computer company so yes I'm on my computer all the darn time. I don't think the redesign was necessary but it wasn't deadly. Once again yes the yellow in gaming is pretty harsh on the eyes but not enough to turn me away from good product.

Hm well good eye on the swords Dante. I didn't see that, my first thought was a tribal butterfly, and then my girl said she liked the heart in the middle and that it was cute, so the logo is still dead for me but at least I know what it's supposed to be now.

Where do you live that swords look like that? :p

I was kind of shocked to see the new logo, I looked at both and the original logo give it a high quality look, the new logo looks cheap and along the line of a low end product. Now we know its not but, on a store shelf it fits in with other cheap KBs. I have many Corsair products and always liked the logo, will it keep me from buying...no but when I do if it can be seen I'll remove or cover it. This is just my opinion, everyone has their own.

I actually don't mind the new logo at all. I saw the video first thing and saw immediately it was 2 swords (some are calling it a crab lol).

What is UGLY in the new logo is that yellow "in-your-face". I have my whole hardware black, I planned on adding some color with the RGB keyboard and that yellow really is totally out of place. I'll have to cover it up when I get it.

P.S.: I was disappointed that there was no RGB version of the M95 but thinking about it after this it is probably a good thing, I prefer the non RGB version to a RGB version with that ugly yellow text.

The K70 RGB Corsair logo is very muted and not distracting.

The H100i and the AirFlow flow labeling are tastefully done.

The same with the clothing; I am a high-tech photo/video editor user, not a gamer, and like the "gaming" products, I want you to make not only clothing that states "I love Corsair Gaming", but also clothing that states "I love Corsair".

I want a shirt that states " I love Corsair Link" !

Archived