Corsair Community

Setting the fan curve right.

Gazi

My problem is that i don't know if i should set the sensor to my h150i pro, CPU or graphicscard temp.

Whatever i choose, setting the rpm mode to quiet it runs at 1500 rpm which is terrible loud. Now i am asking myself what custom curve should i use and where to get the temps from.

Thank you.

The fans on the cooler should, ideally, be managed by the cooler based on the cooler's temperature. This allows them to run the correct curve without software.

The fans on the Commander Pro should be set to a custom fan curve with one of the temp sensors on the CoPro as the source (ideally). Again, this allows them to run the correct curve without software. So you'll need to connect the temp sensors to the Commander Pro - they aren't at the moment. You have 4 of them in the box.

The built-in CoPro modes will run based on CPU temperature. This is very often undesirable for a number of reasons. And, on a liquid cooled system, this isn't the based source anyway.

Yes, if you connect the fan wires to the Commander Pro instead of the cooler, then their speed will register on the C-Pro. There is nothing connected to the cooler, so 0 rpm.

You probably want to move those back to the H150i splitter. The Commander Pro is capable of controlling the fans, but every time you boot, restart, or quit the software they will loose their sensor value. On the H150i, the coolant temp sensor is internal and always detected. This makes the fans do what they need to do, regardless of whatever else is happening. It is a safer option with zero loss in control. You can still program the curve as you like in the H150i panel.