Corsair Community

[Bug] iCue stalls at 60% installation and then acts like its installed

GreenAcid82

Cannot get this installed. I installed it once today, and it recognized my LED strips and RAM and than my PC crashed (i'm fooling around with OC stuff) and it won't work.

I Uninstalled it, uninstalled Link, and now it just stalls at 60%. Even if i cancel it, it'll act like it's installed and then repeat error at the bottom saying Failed to start services.

I Can't even uninstall it. I Uninstalled it off my PC, but it's still in my library and won't remove. I Click uninstall, and Add or Remove programs comes up and it's not in there. so I'm stumped AF right now.

Before this, i had LINK v4 running no problem.

Delete the CUE folder under C:\ProgramData\Corsair and rerun the installer. Does that resolve the issue?

Nope. it stalls at 60% when it says "Starting Services"...if i let it go, it'll say not responding or something. Even if i hit cancel, it doesn't roll back the installation for at least 3 or 4 minutes. and then it'll say i don't have permission to cancel it or something (Even though I'm the only admin/person on my computer)

Strange, If available, Please upload the service logs folder in %programdata%\Corsair\CUE

Also check Task Manager, Is Corsair.Service crashing?

I have no folder labeled cue anymore since ya told me to delete the folder. When I try and install it, when it stalls out, I hit cancel. It rolled back the set up and is no longer on my PC. But link says my ram and strips are being controlled by it still.

When I hit task manager during installation, it'll say not responding.

Try this to restore control to LINK;

1. RegEdit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\

2. Delete the CLinkPids entry.

Restart LINK and see whether control is restored.

As for iCUE,

After the "uninstall" Does Corsair Service still exist under Services.msc?

Usual iCUE locations if you want to attempt a reinstall (Note: Will remove all user created content in CUE/iCue)

%PROGRAMDATA%\Corsair

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Corsair

%APPDATA%\Corsair

Try this to restore control to LINK;

1. RegEdit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\

2. Delete the CLinkPids entry.

Restart LINK and see whether control is restored.

As for iCUE,

After the "uninstall" Does Corsair Service still exist under Services.msc?

Usual iCUE locations if you want to attempt a reinstall (Note: Will remove all user created content in CUE/iCue)

%PROGRAMDATA%\Corsair

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Corsair

%APPDATA%\Corsair

Success

https://imgur.com/ln4RBoq

Archived