The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2011, 07:18 PM
clarkiej's PC Specs

POST ID # = 528050
clarkiej Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Force 3 240 GB lockup

I am having the locking up issue with Firmware 1.2 installed. The computer runs fine for about threee days, then when I come back to it, it has rebooted and locked up at the verifying DMA part of the BOOT.

I have AHCI enabled, and the BIOS shows this loading when starting up, and the settijngs are correct in the registry for AHCI after running the MS fix.

I have downloaded the Firmare updater for 1.3, but after scanning and finding my drive, and choosing to update the drive once found, when I click on "proceed" at the warning screen, my computer locks up and the firmware is not applied. This occurs in Safe Mode as well.

I have tried the firmware update by plugging the drive in an older PC running Windows 7, but there seems to be a support issue, and the drive is not found on scanning.

I tried via a USB convertor with windows XP, and the drive was again not found.

Do you have any suggestions?

Old 09-19-2011, 02:51 PM
clarkiej's PC Specs

POST ID # = 528743

I have the SSD drive connected to the GSATA 3 connection on my MOBO. After further investigation of the BIOS settings, I foind that the GSATA IDE control mode was set to IDE. I changed this to AHCI (how I missed this the first time I edited the BIOS I do not know), and on rebooting and reattempting the Firmware update, all was successful.

BIOS with too many pages and not enough patience on my part. The instructions for performing the Firmeware update are correct and need to be followed for both BIOS and software. My Bad in this instance.

Drive is now showing Firmware 1.3. Windows on reboot saw the drive required a new driver and installed the same.

I am now awaiting to see if the system lockup and frozen automatic reboot after approx three days has now disappeared. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-22-2011, 07:59 AM
clarkiej's PC Specs

POST ID # = 529437

Unfortunately, I am still not getting past two days continuous running before the automatically reboots and hangs on startup.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:08 PM
clarkiej's PC Specs

POST ID # = 530423

The reboots are totally random, and can happen twice in one day, or the machine can stay running for no more than two days, then robot, and "Unable to find boot device" cycle power, and lo and behold teh rive is found and all back to normal.

When I look at the drives under Disk Manager in Windows, I see that my secondary SATA drifve is showing up as Drive 0 , and my SSD drive is showing up as Drive 1. I also see my SSD drive under atached USB Devices - which is strange for a SATA drive.....

Old 10-13-2011, 04:44 AM
clarkiej's PC Specs

POST ID # = 534334

I have installed Firmware 1.3.2 on my 240GB.
I have not done a secure erase after the firmware upgrade, or anything else to the drive apart rorm rechecking that Trim was enabled. this is the first time I have had the computer running continously for more than two days without rebooting and hanging on "unable to find boot device". The machine has been running for over three days and counting. Looks like the new firmware has improved my drive.

Will keep you informed.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:14 PM
clarkiej's PC Specs

POST ID # = 536151

Good news on the firmware 1.3.2 front.
I upgraded form Firmware 1.3 to 1.3.2.
No delete or smart erase was performed on the drive.
After running for three days, the computer was manually rebooted and left unattended for the past seven days. The emachine has stayed up and running continuously over this time, running scheduled jobs with no problems.

Good work Corsair. Will all the unwarrented abuse I have seen on this sight regarding your SSD devices, I can say that you have a wonderful product that you are actively supporting to address customer issues.

Regards
Decibel