Corsair Community

Which PSU Replacement?

ericc191

Good evening. First, I want to say that I DID check the PSU CABLE COMPATIBILITY thread. However, for my particular issue, it seems to be incorrect.

I have custom cables for an HX1000i. My HX1000i just died and I want to get another PSU that uses the same connection, but cheaper.

Can someone please tell me which series of Corsair PSUs use the 5+7 24 pin connector like on my HX1000i? It says RM on the compatibility thread, but after looking at pictures of RMs online, that does not seem to be correct.

Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
That compatibility chart needs updating still. The older RM series which has been discontinued used Type 3 but the new one that was just refreshed this year uses Type 4 cables. The only PSUs we have left that currently use the Type 3 cables are the HXi and AXi, AX1600i is excluded from this, series of PSUs.

That compatibility chart needs updating still. The older RM series which has been discontinued used Type 3 but the new one that was just refreshed this year uses Type 4 cables. The only PSUs we have left that currently use the Type 3 cables are the HXi and AXi, AX1600i is excluded from this, series of PSUs.

The HXi and AXi can use type 4 cables. They are plug compatible. The only difference is that the type 4 cables have small capacitors on them to improved the ripple etc.

I suggest updating the chart to show true compatibility

• Corsair Employee
The HXi and AXi can use type 4 cables. They are plug compatible. The only difference is that the type 4 cables have small capacitors on them to improved the ripple etc.

I suggest updating the chart to show true compatibility

The only AXi PSU that uses Type 4 is the AX1600i. The other AXi PSU's and the HXi PSU's use Type 3. Please do not spread false information because he if purchases a Type 4 sleeved cable kit and attempts to use it on any of those PSU's you will find the Type 4 and Type 3 24-pin cable is not the same.

The compatibility chart is actually up to date on that information and does not needed updated except the addition of the 2019 RM series.