Corsair Community

(SOLVED) Crackling sound in headset - Vengeance 2100

Lushbits

Hi everyone!

I just got myself the new Vengeace 2100 headset the other day. I was a bit disappointed at first, because there was sort of a crackling sound in the headset, specially notable on the ring tone and conversation in Skype (that frequency i guess).

After searching around on the web I found some threads, some even local in Sweden that had users with the same issue, some even returned them straight away to the store.

Now, I fiddled around a bit the sound settings in windows and found out that changing from CD-quality to DVD-quality (44100 Hz to 48000 Hz) TOTALLY GOT RID of the crackling sound. This might be a no-brainer for some, but I guess there are more like me out there who didn't know this.

This is how you do it:

1: Control Panel (icons) > Sound > Playback

2: Click properties on the Corsair

3: Head to the advanced tab

4: Choose 16 bits, 48000 Hz (DVD quality)

you will get a warning that this might interfere with another program (I guess the Corsair drivers, but I just ignored that and hit OK anyways).

Good luck!

/Lush

• 1 month later...

Its about a foot away from me.

It started working fine for a couple of days and now it started doing the same thing.

The only wireless device is my phone. This 2100 is a replacement to my 2000 which never had this issue. My phone was always near me.

I left my phone in another room and the problem persists.

If I am any distance past 1-2 feet from the dongle, the headset looses connection completely. Sometimes I have to hold the dongle right up to the headset for me to get any sound.

• 2 weeks later...

So here's the problem. In the ticket I made for the original 2000, they asked me how my 2100 is going and for the tracking number. I told them that the 2100 is not going well and explained them the situation. I also gave them the tracking number. After that I have not gotten any responses since the 18th!!! (the 2000 has been delivered per UPS) Its like they got their product so screw me.

This is getting extremely frustrating as it seems I cannot open another express RMA until they close this ticket. When I call in all I get are voice mail's and zero call backs. I'm stuck with a non working headset and absolutely ZERO response from corsair!!! I'm fed up with this ***** and wanting my money back if this doesn't get resolved PRONTO! I'm a paying customer and should not be treated like this!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
Its about a foot away from me.

It started working fine for a couple of days and now it started doing the same thing.

The only wireless device is my phone. This 2100 is a replacement to my 2000 which never had this issue. My phone was always near me.

I left my phone in another room and the problem persists.

If I am any distance past 1-2 feet from the dongle, the headset looses connection completely. Sometimes I have to hold the dongle right up to the headset for me to get any sound.

I have a similar problem. I just got the 2100H for Christmas, however it works like crap with respect to the mic. If I am further than 1-2 feet away from the USB dongle it completely drops out, but even close to the dongle is on and off.

As I just got this for Christmas, (even though it was most likely ordered 2 months ago) I think considering all the problems with this headset I might want to just get my money back.

However I guess I will have to go through support first.

Considering the 1000's of posts about the problems with this product, I would seriously expect a company that wanted to exist years from now, rather than the typical accountant run company that only looks 1 quarter ahead, to actually test their product before releasing it.

I will post my results on this issue.

I tried the headset on a different computer with Win 7 and Win 8.1, both had problems.

• 4 months later...

Archived